2 replies to this topic

#1 bklett

bklett
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 06:40 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe/17

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

Though "new" to the Casita Club Forum, officially, I've been reading the Forum for a year, now. So I am "new" and "old" at the same time. I am a FAN of so many of you members, and I read your words as one starving for information. Thank you all for your marvelous gifts of wisdom!

My husband and I purchased a 2010 Spirit Deluxe May, 2018. Though it hadn't been used in some time, it needed quite a bit of loving care to bring it back to its beautiful self (it had been neglected). We spent most of last summer in the Spirit, and loved it so much that...we purchased a 2012 Liberty Deluxe THIS May (2019). Yes, his-and-hers Casitas. We are a two-Casita family, now! 

We simply couldn't pass up the 2012 Liberty, which has NEVER even been slept in. I pick it up next week, and I can't wait to get to know it as we now know our Spirit. 

On the Spirit we have added the Lift Kit, the Shock Absorbers (by Orbital Machine Works). These two purchases greatly improved our Casita experience. We also put 15" tires and new wheels on. We'll see if we end up doing these changes to the Liberty. I suspect we will.

We mostly live in California, now, but spend a ton of time in Oregon. We are newly retired and trying to learn how to relax and have a life to live.

Good to be official, now!

B.

• NASA42 B likes this

#2 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 505 posts
  • Local time: 11:40 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

"B".........

Welcome to this Casita clan......  and congrats on your original and second purchases!   I'm not certain your doubled situation assures twice the fun.... but it will probably be darned enjoyable trying to find that out.

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank   :rolleyes:

Edited by NASA42 B, 28 May 2019 - 03:29 PM.

#3 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,009 posts
  • Local time: 08:40 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:57 AM

Welcome....similar story for us.....we bought our 2011 in early 2013.....stove and bathroom were never used.  Congrats.  Safe travels.