3 replies to this topic

#1 Becky97222

Becky97222
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Independence Deluxe/17'

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:00 PM

Hi,  I'm Becky from Milwaukie, OR (near Portland). I purchased a 2016 17' ID in Feb. 2019. I took it out once and I'm towing with 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 but that may change. Not sure yet.  This is my second fiberglass egg. The first was a 1982 U-haul CT13 which my husband and I had for about 5 years. It's now in my driveway getting spruced up before I put it up for sale.  My husband passed recently, so I'll be maintaining this one with a little/lot of help from friends, relatives and hopefully Casita Club members.  Thanks for reading. :) 

Edited by Becky97222, 28 May 2019 - 01:00 PM.

#2 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 505 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

Hi, Becky......

Welcome to this Casita clan.  That new-to-you Independence should provide you with many opportunities  for new things to see and enjoy.   Lots of great country areas to experience!

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank   :rolleyes: 

#3 Raccoon11

Raccoon11
  • Casita Club Member
  • 8 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17 SD
  • Interests:Grandsons, learning to play a banjo, fixing stuff and traveling.
  • Trailer Name:Amelia

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

For starters Becky, you have my sincere sympathy on the passing of your husband. Your decision to strike out on your own requires a lot of moxie, and I’m sure he would be glad to know that you are taking this step toward moving on with your life. There are a lot of very supportive people who will do their best to lend assistance, advice and encouragement, so welcome. Also, please do not hesitate to let us know if you are seeking a change of venue during those Oregon winters. Phoenix isn’t a bad place to land between October and April, but you have to let us visit you between May and September!

Again - welcome, and best wishes.

Russell and Lorraine

#4 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,012 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

Welcome....lots of great camping in Oregon and Washington.....have fun.....safe travels.