Hole Hiker
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 05:05 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:16LD
  • Interests:Wandering the west.
  • Trailer Name:Economy Cruise

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

Tried to get a retractable screen door from the company below for my 16LD. This is the response I got. Anyone in the Austin area that could help these guys out? Thanks.

Robbie,

I do not think the straight one will work with the curved door.

We had some success with the curved screen but had problems when we tried to move to a more production model as opposed to the one off we did for someone in Florida. I am confident we can overcome problems if we had a trailer to test on for a week or two.

I would appreciate you putting out the word that anyone that has one of these trailers in the Austin area who is willing to let us use it to develop the screen would be given a screen as compensation free of charge.

Thanks
Doug@PlisseScreen.com
Www.plissescreen.com
512-264-9827
screen-guy-signature-smaller

Edited by Hole Hiker, 10 March 2019 - 07:05 PM.

#2 hope

hope
  • Casita Club Member
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 11:05 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:98 16 ft, TV Sienna Van
  • Interests:Photography, painting, Beekeeping, Gardening, travel, woodworking

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:40 AM

I had a Scamp before I bought my Casita with a bifold screen door that was straight.  Worked fine except the fit at the top was not what it should of been so bugs could get in.  I put pieces of foam in the spaces.   The Scamp did not have the front Air Conditioner under the closet, which made it easier to fit.   Good luck, because I would like to be able to buy a screen for my Casita