• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sectday

sectday
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 04:52 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2017 Independence Deluxe
  • Interests:Single camping, going new and interesting places, meeting new and interesting people!

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:12 PM

Hi, everybody! I've been "lurking" here and other forums for a year or so, just to educate myself about Casitas and other FG trailers.  I loved what I saw, tried a few rentals, and finally pulled the trigger in December.  I'm the proud owner of a gently used 2017 Independence Deluxe, and I'm having fun learning about it and doing some short local camping.  As the weather warms and dries, I have a growing list of places to go and people to visit! I'll be the bald guy in a "Margaritaville" hat trying to figure out my awning setup...feel free to stop by and offer advice, I'll need it.

See you on the road!

• Smokymtgirl03 likes this

#2 Raccoon11

Raccoon11
  • Casita Club Member
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 05:52 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 SD
  • Interests:Grandsons, learning to play a banjo, fixing stuff and traveling.
  • Trailer Name:Amelia

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

Welcome to the interesting world of Casita life! We are on our second 17’ Spirit Deluxe (motorhome in between), and like you, “we’ve all come to look for America” (quoth Simon and Garfunkel). And still trying to figure out how to reorient our picture so that we aren’t always horizontal.

Russell and Lorraine

#3 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 505 posts
  • Local time: 08:52 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:22 PM

Sectday......

Welcome to this Casita clan!  Lots of great times are  potentially  available to you with your  new-to-you fiberglass magic carpet.   And as you plan ahead....don't hesitate to include mid-America and the east coast attractions.   

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Fran:rolleyes:

#4 Smokymtgirl03

Smokymtgirl03
  • Casita Club Member
  • 56 posts
  • Local time: 08:52 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 Spirit Deluxe 17ft
  • Interests:Working on #2, a 1997 16 Ft Freedom Deluxe now that Annie is finished. Camping,Fly Fishing, Hiking, Paddling (Canoe and Kayak),Pretty much anything outside...
  • Trailer Name:Raggedy Annie and #2

Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

Welcome to the "Family".  You came to the right place for any help that you will ever need (and loads of great ideas to poach). 

• NASA42 B and Raccoon11 like this

#5 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,011 posts
  • Local time: 05:52 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:57 PM

Welcome to the club and to Casita trailers....best out there in my opinion.  Lots of fun ahead...some great camping in your area....Eastern Sierra is fun place plus great fishing if you like.  Enjoy and safe travels.