4 replies to this topic

#1 TravelRN910

TravelRN910
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 05:44 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit Deluxe 2017

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:26 PM

Now on my second Casita Spirit Deluxe. First one was a 1994, that I bought 10 years ago and was 16'. Then I went to a 37' National tri-axle motorhome for 7 years traveling the country. Current one is 17' and is a 2017 Spirit Deluxe. Great to downsize again!!!

20190205_224703_1.jpg

Edited by TravelRN910, 05 February 2019 - 09:28 PM.

• Smokymtgirl03 likes this

#2 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 499 posts
  • Local time: 07:44 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:24 AM

TravelRN910.....

Welcome back to the Casita clan!  By now you're appreciating the 17's subtle but welcome expansion vs the 16's dimensions.  And....that's a nice spare cover.

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank   :rolleyes:

Edited by NASA42 B, 06 February 2019 - 02:25 AM.

#3 Smokymtgirl03

Smokymtgirl03
  • Casita Club Member
  • 56 posts
  • Local time: 07:44 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 Spirit Deluxe 17ft
  • Interests:Working on #2, a 1997 16 Ft Freedom Deluxe now that Annie is finished. Camping,Fly Fishing, Hiking, Paddling (Canoe and Kayak),Pretty much anything outside...
  • Trailer Name:Raggedy Annie and #2

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:38 AM

TravelRN910,

The Casita is an addictive trailer.  The ex and I bought the first one in 2010.  I loved it, he didn't.  I got my 2nd Casita, Annie, (17ft 2000 FD turned into a SD) in March last year.  Annie is a Hurricane Harvey rescue out of North Houston.  Plan was to fix Annie up, and sell her.  The problem came when my 91 year old Master Carpenter/WWII Navy vet Dad helped me make the cabinet doors...  Anything Daddy works on is really special to me.  After working on Annie, replacing everything made out of press board, building bench seats for the dinette, cleaning, painting, replacing everything in  the nasty bathroom, and other mods, I can't sell her.  My brother made that prediction in March last year when Dad and I made the doors...

I just bought my 3rd Casita, a 1997 FD 16ft.  Another restoration project. Some things better than Annie, some things worse.  But, I love working on them.  A older Casita is like a canvas that has been used by another artist, and you end up with it.  You can do anything you want!  There are so many inspiring forums here, and so many people willing to help out, it is amazing. 

My other trailer is a 2016, 25ft Airstream Flying Cloud.  I love it, and when the time comes, I will find a great RV park with yearly sites, and it will be home  And I will still be traveling in Annie!

Cindy

• NASA42 B likes this

#4 TravelRN910

TravelRN910
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 05:44 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit Deluxe 2017

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

Received my 3 window awnings and just waiting for better weather to install them. Anyone installed these before?

My sister made rubber backed curtains for the windows and they look great. The tire cover is from a picture of the Tetons that I sent to a Jeep tire cover company and they copied the photo on the cover and placed the lettering that I specified. One of a kind! Alaska is in my plans for the early Spring. I plan on stopping in most of the Canadian National Parks on the way up and back. Not in any hurry on this trip.

I will hopefully make it all the way to Barrow, Alaska and join the Polar Bear Club by swimming in the Arctic Ocean.Maybe I will see other Casitas on the way. If you see the tire cover... it's me.  Happy Trails

:danc:

• NASA42 B and Smokymtgirl03 like this

#5 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 995 posts
  • Local time: 04:44 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:06 AM

Welcome back to Casita....that 17 will be like living in a mansion.....enjoy and safe travels.