#1 Casita couple

Casita couple
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 03:25 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Hi All,

Allen here, my wife Sue and I finally made the decision to sell our ancient tent trailer and buy a Casita. We have been using a really cool 1954 Heilite tent trailer for years and years. Sue's parents had one that they used from the late 50's through the late 70's. 

Cool campers no doubt but we are moving up to a Casita. We recently purchased a 2008 Liberty Deluxe with the twin bed (convertible to a double or King. 

We are looking forward to a trip this spring and again later the year. I just had a total knee replacement (yesterday) and will be recovering for a while. I looks like we will make our first trip over the Presidents Day weekend in Late February. 

Looking forward to doing some upgrades and hitting the road!

Happy Camping!

Allen & Sue 

#2 Raccoon11

Raccoon11
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:25 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 SD
  • Interests:Grandsons, learning to play a banjo, fixing stuff and traveling.
  • Trailer Name:Amelia

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Where are you located, and to where do you plan to travel in the spring? We are in Chandler, AZ - outside Phoenix - and we hope to explore the West to the extent possible.

Russell and Lorraine

#3 Blacksmith

Blacksmith
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2017 Liberty Delux 17'
  • Interests:Ham Radio/electronics
  • Trailer Name:Cassie

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Welcome aboard! I had total knee replacement of both knees a few years ago. On long RV trips the knee may tend to stiffen up. I recommend rigging up a rubber stretchy so that you can sit, attach the stretchy to your ankle and do leg raises. If you have any tendency to develop muscle cramps in the leg with the new knee from long hours in the driving position, be sure to take magnesium tablets. For me, 2 a day works. Enjoy your egg!

#4 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 916 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

Welcome to the club and to Casita heaven.  You will love that little trailer.  Lots of great trips ahead.  Safe travels.