Hello Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lane&Bette

Lane&Bette
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 10:56 PM
  • Interests:Travel, hiking, food, beer, fly fishing, museums, canoeing.

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

New members Bette and Lane from NH. We are both retired Letter Carriers with a total of 59 years at the Post office. We have yet to purchase a Casita (we are looking) yet but we have done a bunch of camping. Many years of backpacking and tent camping, pop -up camper,  30' TT which was great once we got somewhere but didn't suit our travel style. We currently travel with a pop-up truck camper (which we like but I'm not crazy about the climb from the ground into it). We look forward to leaving our "home" at campgrounds. We enjoy the outdoors, we hike,  and paddle. Bette is a foodee so good places to eat are important. Breweries are big on our list too, we home-brew. I'm a die-hard fly fisher and fly tier. We've been to Alaska 3 times since 2010 and on our last trip we flew in and drove the Alcan back to Spokane WA. We look forward to learning from everyone  here and hope to me some of you on the road! 

#2 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 564 posts
  • Local time: 09:56 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:44 AM

Wow! What a great story. Congratulations on retirement. I am so jealous. Corporate work has murdered my soul and I am barely clinging on. I think I just want to teach yoga and meditation to people looking to relax, unwind, and rest their minds. It has helped me tremendously.

Anyway, sounds like you have lots of interests to keep you busy in retirement. That is key to longevity. Good luck on finding your perfect Casita. They are out there, so if you know what you want and can make a quick decision when the right rig comes along, you will be golden. If not, you can always order exactly what you want from the factory and plan your shakedown trip to Texas. We would love to have you. Easter time is the best because our highways and byways are blanketed in wildflowers. Truly a sight to see! Thanks Ladybird Johnson!

Toddy
  • Lane&Bette likes this

#3 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 962 posts
  • Local time: 07:56 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

Welcome to the club....you will fit in well....retirement....camping...little trailers....beer...paddling....it just don't get much better!  Safe travels.

#4 Lane&Bette

Lane&Bette
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 10:56 PM
  • Interests:Travel, hiking, food, beer, fly fishing, museums, canoeing.

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:55 AM

Wow! What a great story. Congratulations on retirement. I am so jealous. Corporate work has murdered my soul and I am barely clinging on. I think I just want to teach yoga and meditation to people looking to relax, unwind, and rest their minds. It has helped me tremendously.

Anyway, sounds like you have lots of interests to keep you busy in retirement. That is key to longevity. Good luck on finding your perfect Casita. They are out there, so if you know what you want and can make a quick decision when the right rig comes along, you will be golden. If not, you can always order exactly what you want from the factory and plan your shakedown trip to Texas. We would love to have you. Easter time is the best because our highways and byways are blanketed in wildflowers. Truly a sight to see! Thanks Ladybird Johnson!

Toddy

Thanks! Nice to see a fellow yogi! We've been practicing with a lovely women for 18 years now. It's been a great addition to our lives.

• Hot Toddy likes this