Today I took delivery of my first Casita, a 2015 17 Spirit Deluxe. Everything appears to work, after the RV dealer demonstrated everything, he winterised it for me with compressed air and RV antifreeze.
Drove it three miles to the girlfriends house using my 4Runner. Didn't seem to put any strain on the engine at all though it did seem a bit bouncy in the back, filling the water tank and cupboards might help dampen things, maybe?
They only had half the friction sway arm setup which they gave me. The tongue has the small ball and they provided a friction arm that fit it. Now I need to see if stores sell just the trailer hitch with the small sway arm ball attached.
The dealer couldn't locate the blue folder, so it came with zero paperwork, I know much of that is online but there are a few early mysteries.
1. How can I tell if the Hepvo valve modification has already been installed at the factory or aftermarket?
2. What does the metal lifter mechanism in the closet actually do and should I have it in the up or down position?
3. Why are the main outside running lights LED but all the internal lights are incandescent?
4. Can I get a daylight LEDs via Amazon?
5. The dealer laid the anode inside the enclosure which means I have to re-install it before use, but I'm sure I don't have a wrench that big. Again, is that a standard Amazon part?
6. What's the best Brake Assist make/model for my new Casita?
Sorry for all the questions.