#1 neal from nm

neal from nm
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 01:06 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Freedom Deluxe

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

Hi -

I live in Albuquerque NM and have owned a Casita since 2010.  I've been a member of the Casita Club since 2010 and have spent many an hour pouring over posts on the club forums.  I've found loads of great ideas regarding issues I've had with my Casita and increasing its livability.  Alas, my needs have changed and I am about to take delivery on a slightly larger trailer, a Lance 1995.  That said, I must sell the Casita that has served me so well for the past 8 years.  I am quite ambivalent about selling Cassie - truth be told, I have trouble seeing myself pulling into the Cottonwood Campground on the San Juan in the Lance to enjoy a few days of fishing.  The Lance is just too much trailer, too big, too complicated to be "right" for a simple fisherman.  My spouse doesn't see things that way, and I understand her POV.  We have a month-long trip coming up and she just wants a little more luxury, a little more space, and a respite from having me crawl over her in the middle of the night.

So I have a 2004 Freedom Deluxe for sale, asking $11,200.  With any luck, my advertisement will be in the Club classifieds before too long.  Apparently one needs to post here before one can post in the classifieds.  If you are reading this and can't wait to see my classified ad, here are some details.

2004 Casita 17” Freedom Deluxe in excellent condition, well maintained and well equipped.  It has the following factory installed options:

-Microwave

-Range cover

-TV shelf, TV antenna and cable ready 

-Furnace 

-Air Conditioner with heat strip

-Fantastic roof vent  

-Awning

-25 gallon fresh water tank and 25 gallon grey water tank

-Water heater upgrade

-Water pressure regulator, water hose and blow out plug

-Hitch lock and sway bar

-Bubble levels

The refrigerator/freezer operates on 110v electric, LP gas or DC (12v) power.  The water heater operates on 110v electric or LP gas.  The Casita has 15” wheels and tires, and a 15” spare.  A pair of 14” wheels and tires are also provided (these have been used for winter storage).  The brakes and battery were replaced in 2015 and have fewer than 6500 miles of use.  A 2” ball and hitch, configured for the sway control, are included. 

The “always made up” double bed has a new foam mattress, but should you want to return to the original dinette/bed configuration, all the original cushions and parts are in excellent condition and included.  

Modifications include a MaxxAir II cover over the Fantastic Fan, a high-mounted rear stop light, a digital thermostat for the air conditioner, DC and AC power outlets in the storage unit above the captain’s chairs, lighting in the under-sink storage area, and exterior light control from within the trailer.  The shower has a DriDeck floor, plus a custom shower rod and curtain have been added to the bathroom to allow for showering without getting the toilet area wet. 

A custom modification has been made that allows the captain’s chairs area to be converted to a single bed suitable for a child and all the parts will be provided including upholstered cushions.  The small table can still be used in this configuration.  This modification results in the functionality of the Casita Spirit Deluxe.  

This Casita has been lightly used, is very clean and has not been occupied by pets or smokers.  As the unit has been stored outdoors, there is some fading of the Casita decals and chalking of the finish.  The tires and air conditioner have been covered whenever the unit is not on the road, and for seasonal storage, the 15” wheels, tires and battery are stored indoors.

The unit is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  Cash only.

Contact Neal by email at nberoz@yahoo.com