#1 tomhartung

tomhartung
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 01:36 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:freedom deluxe 17'
  • Interests:landscaping with native plants

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:16 AM

I know that this has been discussed often.  I am just asking if there is anything new on the market to cover my Casita.   My first cover was damaged by wind, so I gave up on wrapping our baby.  But then the dirt. . .  Any ideas regarding a cover would be appreciated.  Cost, no problem.

#2 Barb Dwyer

Barb Dwyer
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 12:36 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Paddle boarding, Surfing, Slacklining. . .

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:07 AM

http://calmarkcovers...nd-scamp-cover/
  • clairemr1 likes this

#3 FeldmanKC

FeldmanKC
  • Casita Club Member
  • 14 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe/16ft
  • Trailer Name:SPICE WAGON

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:08 PM

Steve Feldman

Have had a CalMark Cover for almost a year. It is well made and custom fit for my 16ft Casita Spirit Deluxe. It has a zipper door opening that makes it very easy to enter the trailer when in storage. It comes with a limited 6 year warranty against factory defects. It fits nicely over the awning and roof vent. Have not had the trailer in hurricane 80 to 120 mile an hour winds yet but...has been in 50 MPH wind gusts. I would buy another CalMark.

• tomhartung likes this

#4 Blacksmith

Blacksmith
  • Casita Club Member
  • 67 posts
  • Local time: 11:36 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2017 Liberty Delux 17'
  • Interests:Ham Radio/electronics
  • Trailer Name:Cassie

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

I bought a green 12'x18, tarp from harbor fraight. Then from Amazon bought a long rope of bungee cord. Covers the top. Gives access easily to the door. You need to wrap bungee material (or something) under the Casita in a couple places to hold it down in high winds. But, it is cheap, relatively, and it works. Fancy stuff is for neighbor's. Practical stuff is for protection. Thank you Military training for teaching me that decades ago. Loosen the rear, run the generator ever month for 10 minutes. Reattach the tarp. Can't get any easier.

#5 Zimm

Zimm
  • Casita Club Member
  • 140 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17 Spirit Deluxe Bunks

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:52 AM

Calmark.  Expensive, but worth it.  It's sunbrella, so lighter and lasts longer.  It also breathes unlike a tarp.  Zip open door access too.  

They have patterns for all the Casitas too.

Here's my review:

http://thehandycampe.../calmark-cover/

Edited by Zimm, 29 September 2018 - 10:54 AM.

Come visit us:  

http://thehandycamper.com

#6 schatzie

schatzie
  • Casita Club Member
  • 225 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:47 AM

We bought a CalMark cover when we bought our Casita 17SD new in 2009.  Cover was expensive, but well worth the investment.  The cover is now 9 years old and still looks like new.  It has survived harsh and snowy Wisconsin winters with gusty winds.  I use a few bungee cords across the bottom to keep it snug during our long winters.  I will definitely buy another CalMark when this one wears out. 

Bob & Ginny Schattschneider
South Milwaukee, WI.
2009 Casita 17' SD
2004 Ford F-150 FX4

#7 tomhartung

tomhartung
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:freedom deluxe 17'
  • Interests:landscaping with native plants

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:14 AM

This is just the info that I needed.  Casita folks are great.  We bought our Freedom Deluxe in 2007 and bought a cover which couldn't take our heavy weather (northern Illinois).   I'm going to follow the CallMark advice although I appreciate the practical tarp and rope suggestion.  I am very grateful to the kind people who answered my question.

#8 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 590 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:21 AM

I have a CalMark Cover as well. It has lasted us 6 summers in Texas' unrelenting sunshine. I can tell the UV rays are hard on the fabric, but I feel it is the best protection short of a roof overhead. I guess the older it gets the more careful I have to be with it when I roll it on and off. I use a step ladder to assist and can complete the job by myself. If I can get ten years total out of the thing I will be happy with my investment. It is stained and worn, but still does a fine job protecting the Casita. The door is key enabling access to the trailer without having to take the thing on and off. Would I buy another one? Yes.

Toddy