No replies to this topic

#1 Papadan

Papadan
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 05:53 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

I am attempting to put a hard start capacitor in my 2001 SD 17. There are instructions included but my existing capacitors look different than the illustrations which appear to be for a later model Casita. My A/C unit is a Coleman Mach but I'm not sure which one, the codes inside are completely gone. When there are 3 capacitors, I understand it includes a run capacitor, a start capacitor and a fan capacitor. I believe I'm to replace the start capacitor with the new one. I have two round capacitors, a shorter and taller one and a short oval one. I assume the short oval one may be the fan capacitor - it has 2 brown wires connected to it that go into the main body of the A/C unit. The instructions refer to reattaching red and yellow wires. I have a yellow wire going to the short round capacitor and both a red and yellow wire going to the tall round capacitor with a white wire going between the two capacitors. Pictures below. Anyone have any ideas on which one I replace? Also some instructions seem to indicate it matters which wire goes where while others do not. Does it matter? Thanks for any help available!!!

Capacitor1.jpg
Capacitor2.jpg

Papadan

Grapevine, TX

2001 Casita 17' SD' with a 2011 Tacoma TV