6 replies to this topic

#1 ShereeMMG

ShereeMMG
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 03:49 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2018 17' Liberty Deluxe

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Had my 99 17 Spirit Deluxe stolen from a secured storage facility. Please keep your eyes peeled. Ill post photos later. Theif is a white male, beard, driving Chey extended cab with missing front bumper. Ive only had her a month a was getting her ready for a 6 week trip. Im devasted. Appreciate any help.

#2 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,373 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

Bummer!! I hope you has it insured for replacement

Pictures of the Casita and if you have access to the photos of the guy and the truck that might help as well

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#3 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,096 posts
  • Local time: 01:49 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

I'm so sorry.  It would be helpful to let us know the area it was stolen from and the date.  Hope you get it back.

Edited by Carol Christensen, 11 May 2018 - 12:59 PM.

Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

#4 ShereeMMG

ShereeMMG
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:12 AM

It was stolen 5/9/18 at 9:00 pm from the Life Storage unit on N. Lamar, Austin, Texas. I'll post some photos and license/VIN later today. I am heartbroken. I had only owned it for a month and was outfitting it for a 6 week trip. All my camping stuff was inside. Now, nothing... And it was parked right beside another Casita. That one had been there for 2 years, mine for 3 weeks, yet mine was stolen. What's up with that? Random act or did someone want an upgrade? Now what? 6 weeks of campsites bought and paid for a no trailer. I'm looking to buy ASAP if y'all know of one for sale.

#5 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,373 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:28 AM

As far as one for sale, start looking on Craig's List, the classified ads on this forum, http://www.fiberglassrv.com/

and this site pulls fiber glass RV advertisements from multiple sites and tends to red flag scams  https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/

There is a Casita sitting at a RV restoration business up here in Glen Rose, I'll ask if it is for sale

If there was anything very distinctive about you specific Casita, please add it to the description. 

I understand your despair 

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#6 ShereeMMG

ShereeMMG
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:01 AM

Things that are distinctive - rear bumper has crimped ends, CamperClinic stickers by the door and on the street side, dead bolt on door, 7 pin plug wire had a 4 spin split off of it taped with duct tape, 15" white rimmed wheels with covered grease port, AC is under the closet and has cover on the front outside, license plate light is not working, amber outside light cover, blue strap from LHC on awning, brand new white spare tire cover, new propane cover, has welded anti-sway bar ball and weight distribution hook on tongue, has both the wire and red bungee break away cables (just installed the bungee and hadn't taken off the other), looks really clean, inside is pristine, if they haven't trashed it or made up the bed there's a purple comforter on it... lots of stuff.

It looks a lot newer as it's really clean with a lot of new parts. Looking at the photos of it make me cry. So sad.

#7 stratos175

stratos175
  • Casita Club Member
  • 212 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit
  • Interests:hiking, kayaking, disc golf and spending time in in our Casita.
  • Trailer Name:Matilda

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:43 AM

Just want to say sorry to hear about this and the person that stole this is an IDIOT, even in TX their can't be that many Casita's? I would think this is like stealing a yellow Volkswagen.

I would suggest the same things as far as search Craiglist adds near you, I might also suggest you call all the state, national and private campgrounds near you as well and maybe go ahead and type up a complete description you could email to each one of them. Of course your local police and Department of Motor Vehicles or wherever trailers are registered in TX.  I would think if you stole a camper you plan on using it or selling it one of the two.

I hope you find your Casita safe and sound and the idiot that stole it ends up spending some time in our prison system.

Sending good karma your way.

Steve