2 replies to this topic

#1 PeanutCamper

PeanutCamper
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 06:58 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit Deluxe

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

Hi- My name is Gerda and my partner's name is Richard. We live in western Massachusetts and have been 2009 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe owners for about a year. We have taken a few trips around New England so far and are trying to work out all of the mechanical and technical issues that have come up. Our Casita is in great condition but we still have a lot to learn and I hope over time, a lot to share with others. Glad to be here!

#2 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 403 posts
  • Local time: 07:58 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

Hi, Gerda (and Richard)....

Welcome to this Casita clan.  Happy to hear you've made a start with your magic carpet.   I suggest you try a few longer jaunts to build your confidence further......and savor more of the potential enjoyment these small fiberglass units can provide.  And if  you haven't already done so, I suggest you investigate Passport America ( www.passportamerica.com/ ) to save some campground costs.    That can then result in making even more trips possible. 

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank :rolleyes:

• PeanutCamper likes this

#3 PeanutCamper

PeanutCamper
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 06:58 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit Deluxe

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:35 AM

Thanks, Frank! You are so right about going on some longer trips to build confidence. We are a bit nervous, as our first couple of ventures had some major issues, like a failed transmission in our SUV, and then yet another vehicle issue. We have been assured that the fault was not the Casita, just some bad luck. Anyway, we have a short trip planned to Cape Cod in a couple of weeks and that should start to rebuild our confidence. Now if the weather would cooperate...

Looking forward to meeting Casita folks on the road. People really react positively when they see our Casita- they are so nicely designed and cute as can be. 

Happy travels,

Gerda

• NASA42 B likes this