3 replies to this topic

#1 CHUCK & JEAN

CHUCK & JEAN
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 08:29 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:SPIRT DELUXE 17'TEXAS

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

Casita owners using what type & size & make of generators to run a/c & or microwave in trailer. Has any taken a trip to Alaska where you need to take a generator, or is there generally rv parks usually along your way to see the sights & commute to?
Looking to possibly try Alaska this year, from Florida, if we can get the time & ambition to take the trip on. Any suggestions from anyone?
Thanks Chuck Florida

#2 windowman

windowman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 11:29 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirt deluxe 17

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:32 PM

Chuck,

I'll weigh in... Going through the same decision making process as you.  Narrowed my choice to the NEW Honda eu2200i or the 3100 Champion remote electric start.  Leaning more towards the Honda.  Honda:  great reputation and service network, lighter weight and should easily handle my a/c.  Champion:  would be nice to start from inside Casita.  3100 watts should run a/c plus microwave,  but at a weight of almost 90+ pounds.  Not certain how many more years I could load/unload that beast.

#3 pete_britt

pete_britt
  • Casita Club Member
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 11:29 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Trailer Name:Our Wee Cottage

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

Maybe also consider Yamaha 2400.  May not be able to power A/C and microwave simultaneously, but more power than the Honda 2200.  I have the tri-fuel version so I don't have to carry spare gasoline.

#4 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 437 posts
  • Local time: 10:29 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

I have a Champion 2800W Generator mounted to a cargo carrier on the back of my Casita. It does a great job powering the AC along with other appliances. FYI - it will not run the hot water heater on electric and the Breville Smart Oven at the same time. I think the HWH has a bigger draw than does the AC. I really like my Champion and paid around $600 for it at Costco. The downside is that it's heavy, so as long as you don't have to lug it around, you should be good.

Toddy