2 replies to this topic

#1 kathryn lohmiller

kathryn lohmiller
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 12:51 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:casita supirit deluxe

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

We are returning Casita owners! After 10 years of being side tracked by larger rigs, we are back and are the proud owners of a 2011 17 foot Spirit Deluxe. Bought it used in Arkansas in October 2017 and spent 2 months in Nebraska. Returned home in December and are planning on our first real treck in April.
  • windowman likes this

#2 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 541 posts
  • Local time: 01:51 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' now sold :(
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

Kathryn.......

You and yours are heartily welcomed back from the dark side!  Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank    :rolleyes: 

#3 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 709 posts
  • Local time: 12:51 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, yoga and meditation.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:23 AM

You will have to tell us why you came back to Casita? Lots of folks talk on these blogs about wishing their rig was bigger, andI have known Casitans to sell theirs and upsize to an Oliver or an Escape. When I walk through campgrounds and see all the big rigs, I am thankful for what I have. I guess it all comes down to whether you are a camper or an RVer? There is a big difference between the two. I fall into the camping category, although some would say we “glamp”. The Casita works best for us, and I have everything, if not more, than a big rig has. Except for maybe the maintenance and running cost. When we step outdoors, I have the same amount of space that they have.

I got a big smile on my face this weekend when I checked in to Cedar Hill State Park. The Rangers asked me how big my rig was? I said 17’. She replied, “well you can camp anywhere”. We got a lovely site for the long weekend!

Toddy
  • windowman likes this