6 replies to this topic

#1 Pidasian Hippie

Pidasian Hippie
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 01:17 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Spirit Deluxe 17 ft

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:31 AM

I am not only new to owning a Casita but to camping and towing anything.  As a result, I have a steep learning curve on every aspect of this new venture I have undertaken.  I also need to learn as much as I can about maintaining my Casita.  Thank you all in advance for the great advice and assistance.

#2 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,453 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:09 AM

welcome! we all were newbies, so feel free to ask any/all questions. try to attend rallies, they are a great way to meet folks and learn. the more you travel/use your casita, the easier ownership will become. use an empty area of a parking lot (i used my local walmart) and practice backing until you can put your trailer on a postage stamp.. you've chosen a very reliable product, easy to learn in comparison to many others out there. enjoy............

Edited by clairemr1, 06 March 2018 - 08:12 AM.

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#3 totfit

totfit
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 12:17 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17 on Order
  • Interests:Running, Cycling, Hiking and of course Camping.

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:19 AM

Fellow Tennessean here. We are not new to camping and have a pop-up, but have ordered a Spirit Deluxe 17'. Can't wait. We have one more pop-up trip end of the month at Grayton and just waiting for word on the scheduled day to pick up our new Casita. It will be around Memorial Day sometime. Just put the order in yesterday. There should not be many issues towing if you have a suitable tow vehicle for it. We have gone from tent campers to a small pop up and the Casita will be our last camper of any kind. My spouse has been mentioning one for "years" and we just bit the bullet. 

#4 J&C in So Jo

J&C in So Jo
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:Our dog Rex (Pomeranian), football (college & pro), cooking/grilling/smoking, movies, hiking all over the world. Travel.

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

We are also in TN.  Have owned our Casita for about 6 years and towed her from California to near Nashville (2,300+ miles) 4 years ago.

We've camped all over in the Casita AZ, CA, TX, IL... Our little dog LOVES camping and the Casita.  First, I HIGHLY recommend getting the CASITA TRAVEL TRAILER A-Z OWNER'S GUIDE.  Here's the link: http://www.lovemycasita.com/guide.html

It's the very best guidebook to owning, maintaining, towing, etc.  It was the first thing we got once we had the Casita, and I refer to it often.  It has checklists to help you plan your trips and lot's of helpful tips and resources links.  Written and updated by CASITA OWNERS who know what they're talking about.  

The second thing I would recommend is a road assistance program (like AAA).  Be sure to get the Casita on it too - so if you ever have trouble with your Tow Vehicle (TV), or the Casita - help is a phone call away.  We had a blow out in Alabama 2 summers ago and we're stranded on I-65 and AAA saved the day!  As a AAA member, you get discounts at camp sites and hotels, so it pretty much pays for itself.

You'll have a great time in your Casita.  Welcome to the family!  See ya down the road!

Jack and Cindie (and Rex)

#5 oregonlavender

oregonlavender
  • Casita Club Member
  • 139 posts
  • Local time: 11:17 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:FD 2014 16'
  • Interests:Gardening
    Casita-ing

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

A lot of us are solo and we were all newbies at one time. My Casita is my first trailer and we learned it all together. You will be happy forever.
Going through chemo at the moment but eventually I will be back on the road.
When you have questions just ask. Casitans are the friendliest and most helpful group of people you will ever know.
Susan and Sunshine (a rare purebred brown dog)

#6 CalCop

CalCop
  • Casita Club Member
  • 121 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:FD 17'
  • Trailer Name:Bacon 'N' Egg

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

Hello Neighbor,

Welcome to the forum. 

#7 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,261 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:07 AM

Welcome aboard!   You'll be a pro in no time.   Go to a large parking lot....put out some cones or boxes....practice backing up.  Lot's to learn here as well.  Good luck......safe travels.