• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 totfit

totfit
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 01:35 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17 on Order
  • Interests:Running, Cycling, Hiking and of course Camping.

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:13 PM

Have been here more than a couple of years now, but just now putting in an order for our Casita. Wife, son and I have tent camped, moved to a pop-up and are getting a Casita. Looking forward to learning tips for the road and camp and sharing anything that might come to mind. We will have one more trip to Grayton Beach in our Pop Up end of the month as our Casita will not be ready until around Memorial Day. Hello from Gregg and Kim. 

#2 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 541 posts
  • Local time: 03:35 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' now sold :(
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:08 AM

Greg, Kim.......

Glad to hear from you and have you join us.  I hope you're already planning  your 1st jaunt/shakedown  with the new Casita!

Frank :rolleyes:

• totfit likes this

#3 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 709 posts
  • Local time: 02:35 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, yoga and meditation.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:12 AM

Good morning Greg! You are visiting Texas at the absolute best time of the year as our wildflower bloom will have exploded by Memorial Day. It will be warm here during the day, but evenings and nights will be nice enough to sit outside and enjoy the stars. Your A/C should bet plenty of good use. Ha!

We have dozens and dozens of wonderful State Parks. Not sure how long you plan to stay in Texas, but if you get a chance to camp through the Hill Country west of Austin and San Antonio, I would highly recommend it. A State Park pass will run you $80 but you get four coupons for half off your second night stay and it will save you the $3-$7/person/day use fee. So you can see that it will pay for itself in just a couple of days.

Some of our favorites within an hour's drive of the Casita Factory in Rice are Fairfield Lake, Mission Tejas, and Lake Whitney. Headed back east towards home, we like Daingerfield and Lake Bob Sandlin. You can reserve a space in advance, but specific sites are first come first serve. Here is the website so you can plan in advance - https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/.

So happy for you and the family on the purchase of your new toy. May you grow to love it more and more with every use.

Toddy

#4 Zimm

Zimm
  • Casita Club Member
  • 140 posts
  • Local time: 02:35 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 Spirit Deluxe Bunks

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

If you haven't, buy the Casita A-Z guide book and read up before you pick it up.  Tons of useful information, well worth it.

• totfit likes this

Come visit us:  

http://thehandycamper.com

#5 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,261 posts
  • Local time: 12:35 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

Congrats on your purchase........Casita's are the best out there.   Safe travels.

#6 totfit

totfit
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 01:35 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17 on Order
  • Interests:Running, Cycling, Hiking and of course Camping.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the welcome. We don't have a pick up date yet, so it is hard to plan our first jaunt, though we plan on camping our way back to TN along the Gulf Coast. We are really excited. I am now looking for ways to inch up my retirement, so we can stay in it a good part of the time. :) 

#7 Richcape

Richcape
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 03:35 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17 deluxe

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

If there is any chance to stop your order, I might have just what you have been wanting in Ft. Myers.  Richcape