• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 484 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:27 AM

I grew weary of disconnecting and reconnecting a propane tank from the front of my Casita every time I wanted to use my grill or fire pit, so I tapped into the LP splitter under the trailer and installed a quick connect. Now I can connect to the appliance of my choice via a 12' connection hose. The 3' hose connects to the splitter and the 12' between the appliance and the quick connect on the trailer. I haven't quite figured out how to permanently mount the quick connect to the underside of my trailer. I do not want to drill into the frame if I can help it, but I am looking for something more substantial than zip ties. For now it is tucked in a channel along the frame until a solution comes to me. Any ideas from the experts are greatly appreciated.

Toddy

IMG_1602.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

Edited by Hot Toddy, 25 February 2018 - 11:59 AM.

#2 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 859 posts
  • Local time: 05:23 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

Very nice Toddy.....good job.  Personally.....I would use a heavy zip tie......I wouldn't drill into frame either.  I have used heavy zips to hold a pvc pipe on the back bumper for our sewer hose for years.......the ties have gone thousand of mile without issue.  They have been replaced once in 5 years.  Good luck. 

• clairemr1 and windowman like this

#3 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 484 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

I think your advice is the winner Jerrybob. I can’t imagine making this more complicated than it needs to be. I’m going to secure the hose to the tongue with a couple of zip ties and tuck the connector end into the front channel of the frame during tow. Not to mention how easy and inexpensive it will be to maintain. I do not want the connection near the doorstop to the trailer which creates a potential trip hazard from the hose. I appreciate your great idea!

Toddy
  • Jerrybob likes this