clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local time: 01:48 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:12 AM

Would that be www.casitaforum.com , the Casita Travel Trailer Forum?  I'm awaiting my confirmation email from them.  Thanks for the tip.

yes. just fyi, if you do find the trailer you want, be ready to go visit with money in hand. a good one won't last long, especially with spring just around the corner. be sure they can provide you a clear title, conduct the transaction at a bank or similar location and  let us know how it works out for you...

Edited by clairemr1, 26 February 2018 - 06:13 AM.

• NASA42 B likes this

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#17 MCKee

MCKee
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Looking

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:24 AM

Thanks, everyone, for great input!  I'll keep watching these sites and would appreciate it if anyone has a head's up for postings elsewhere, especially in FL or GA.  Hadn't thought of Spring being just around the corner.  Life in SWFL can be a bit isolating, though "high season" should be obvious from the traffic.  Fortunately we have enough on our plate to allow us, encourage us, to be patient.  I believe we'll know when the right one comes along.

#18 ldsharp

ldsharp
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 Spirit Standard

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:29 AM

Hi Michael,

Other than the Casita and Fiberglas RV forums and facebook pages, a couple of search tools may help your search. 

One is searchtempest   This site allows you to search all craigslist sites with one search.  Enter your search criteria and the distance you want to search and this tool does all the work (except ruling out all the scam ads for casita and scamp...)

The other is rvtrader.  Set up an account, do a search (for casita or whatever) and save it.  When new ads are posted you will get an email.  This is how I found our recently acquired Casita.  The ones you find here will most likely be from dealers that typically know nothing about Casita trailers.

I wouldn't think you would have much trouble in Florida.  I've seen quite a few there over the months I've been looking.

One other bit of advice I've learned from these experienced folks is beware of 'soft' floors.  The only structural wood is in the floor and water leaks or flooding in the trailers history can rot the floor which is a major job for replacement.

As for your tow vehicle, I'm using a Ford Ranger with the 4.0L to tow my 17'.  It tows fine, but I definitely know it's back there when towing uphill.  

Good luck!