• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 506 posts
  • Local time: 09:13 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:38 AM

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but we are warm and toasty inside our Casita! We are camped this weekend on Lake Belton in Central Texas. Typical Texas weather, it has changed dramatically from its forecast just a few days ago. It rained in the middle of the night and now a cold front is blowing in from the North. It is cold, wet and windy out. About all there is to do outside today is take the dog for a quick walk around the campground. It is only going to get colder as the weekend wears on.

We are hunkered down inside of our Casita with PBS on the TV, a pot of coffee on the stove, and a hot cooked breakfast in our belly. Even the big rig next door went into town for breakfast this morning. All is well for us overlooking the lake!

Toddy
  • Carol Christensen and NASA42 B like this

#2 friz

friz
  • Casita Club Member
  • 731 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' LD

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

Come back to Lake Belton on April 6 - 7 for the Hamfest at the Belton Expo Center. Camp out in the parking lot, several Casitas will be there along with a bunch of other RV's.

We like to stay at the Live Oak Ridge campground on the night before and watch the deer wander around.

• clairemr1 likes this

#3 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 445 posts
  • Local time: 10:13 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:16 AM

Folks......

Chilly or not at Lake Belton, I'm still envious of Toddy......with my Casita winterized, and no jaunt possible for almost 2 months!   Enjoy, enjoy.........

Frank  :rolleyes:

• Meadowlark likes this

#4 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,740 posts
  • Local time: 07:13 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:39 AM

Frank, from what we hear on the news here on the Left Coast, you are up to your butts in snow (and ice and bitter cold). Stay warm and Go EAGLES!!

Edited by Meadowlark, 12 February 2018 - 09:40 AM.

• NASA42 B likes this

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."

#5 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,313 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

Come back to Lake Belton on April 6 - 7 for the Hamfest at the Belton Expo Center. Camp out in the parking lot, several Casitas will be there along with a bunch of other RV's.

We like to stay at the Live Oak Ridge campground on the night before and watch the deer wander around.

thanks for posting this event. i am still here in live oak ridge ( miss your morning coffee, todd) with plans to stay at least another week, maybe longer. hamfest sounds like a fun event in april. will be keeping my eye out for news. is there a particular part of the parking lot the casitas will be? i'm all ready for boondocking at any time!

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#6 friz

friz
  • Casita Club Member
  • 731 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' LD

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

The Casita owners are usually scattered around. I was the first one there in '02, and it caught on. They are perfect for a parking lot sale or a festival. Tow vehicle and trailer only take up 2 parking spaces.

If you don't know what a Hamfest is, it's a get together of Amateur Radio Operators. Some put up a portable radio station, other just barbeque. Lots of stuff for sale or trade.

• clairemr1 likes this

#7 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,374 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

The Bell County Expo Center is a very nice facility. We have boondocked there when my son showed rabbits at the State Rabbit Show every year.

They even have 12-15 RV spots on the back side of the property.

One night camped in the parking lot we got to listen to a concert going on inside the auditorium, can't imagine how loud it was inside the building. 

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)