4 replies to this topic

#1 IIO2

IIO2
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 01:00 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17 Foot

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

My Casita has the Coleman Mach 8 air conditioner.  I have been trying to find a cover for it to no avail.  Do any of you folks have a cover for yours, and if so where did you find it?  I couldn't find anything with the same measurements.  The wasps, hornets, mud dobbers, and yellow jackets are in abundance in this area and I don't want any of them to take up residence in my air conditioner.  Thanks.

#2 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,257 posts
  • Local time: 11:00 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

You didn't look very hard. I just typed "coleman mach 8 RV air conditioner cover" in the search box and dozens of sites selling them popped up. Here's one of them. (Link below.)

And, FWIW, I don't put a cover on mine, but some folks do. I guess it mostly depends on where you live. Up here where I live, not so much a problem for bees and bugs, but some use them to keep the sun off the plastic cover if their trailers are stored outside uncovered. The sun will destroy the plastic over time if your trailer is stored outside. Another thing I would suggest is buy yourself a can or two of Krylon Fusion white spray paint, (made for plastics,) and spray your cover with it. A good coat of this paint will keep the sun from eating up the plastic shroud. I also use it on my outside plastic light fixtures, tank vent caps and range hood vent to keep them from turning yellow and deteriorating as well, even though my trailer lives under a metal carport when not in use.

https://www.amazon.c...ASIN=B010Y5QOHS

Edited by Euphoria, 20 January 2018 - 10:22 AM.

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

Casita Club # 2754

#3 IIO2

IIO2
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:12 AM

Euphoria, thanks for the link.  Mine lives under a metal cover to.  I did see the link you gave.  This cover is larger than my unit.  Mine measures 41.1 long, 28.4 wide, and 8.25 tall.  The one in the link is 45 long, 30 wide, 14.5 tall.  I have never owned a cover so I don't know anything about them.  Would the excess length and height be a problem?  I have found several Mach's , however they were to small or to large.  I was looking for one with the same measurements or very close to them.  Doesn't look like that will happen.  I haven't found anything that says it is for a coleman mach 8 plus cub.  

#4 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,257 posts
  • Local time: 11:00 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

Sounds like you have the Coleman Polar Cub. Not knowing what year your trailer is, nor a picture, it's hard to tell, but I'll bet it's the same as mine. If it looks like this, then you have the Polar Cub.

http://www.adcoprod.com/AC-Covers The one marked #25 toward the bottom of the list at this link seems to be pretty close size based on the dimensions you posted, but it shows it to be a little narrower, so maybe it won't work. Good luck with your search. There doesn't seem to be much out there in those dimensions.

Attached Thumbnails

• AC_ShroudPic.jpg

Edited by Euphoria, 20 January 2018 - 12:40 PM.

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

Casita Club # 2754

#5 IIO2

IIO2
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

euphoria, Thank you for the link.   The trailer is a 2018.  This is the unit I have.  Other trailers I owned had Dometic units.  I know nothing about a Coleman.  

Mach 8 Plus - Cub   The Mach® 8 Plus outperforms all competitive models by delivering more cooling at a higher rate of airflow.

mach-08_white_front-quarter-turn.tmb-med

mach-08_white_rear-side-tilt.tmb-medium.

• Cool/Heat Capacity: 9,200
  • Electric Heat Element Capacity: 6,000
  • Electrical Rating: 115 VAC, 60HZ
  • Cooling Amps-High: 11.7
  • Running Watts Standard: 1270
  • Running Watts Desert: 1550
  • Running Watts Heat Strip: 1748
  • Locked Rotor Amps: 58.4
  • CFM: 300
  • Weight (Lbs.): 87

uph