7 replies to this topic

#1 IIO2

IIO2
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 12:19 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17 Foot

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

Hello to everyone in the Casita Club.  We are not new to RV's as we have been doing it for a little over 20 years.  We started out with a 30 foot Award and as we got older we found out we didn't need a ton of space.  We are now in a 2018 Casita Spirit Deluxe.  We decided all we really needed was a bathroom, bed, and a place to set and eat.  The Casita seemed to be just what we needed.  We have stayed in it 6 nights so far and couldn't be happier.  Thank you in advance for any tips, advise, and answers to some questions I will no doubt have.  Chet.

#2 Tombrown

Tombrown
  • Casita Club Member
  • 126 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17 SD #12415
  • Interests:Picked up our Casita Aug 2014. HE: Retired pilot, Vietnam vet, garage tinkerer, SCUBA diver, sports car enthusiast, RC aircraft and HAM radio hobbyist: KD5ETJ. SHE: exotic plant grower, history buff, SCUBA diver, writer.
  • Trailer Name:Gone Walkabout
  • Casita Club Directory #:14442

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Welcome to the Casita owners world. There are many, many tips and options in this form. I would start in the modification group. Adding shelves to the front closet was the most beneficial change I've made.

#3 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 709 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, yoga and meditation.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:34 AM

Welcome IIO2. My first bit of advice is to complete your profile so people can get to know you a little better. Knowing that you are a male with a 17' SD doesn't give one much to go on. Check out Tom Brown's profile above. Now that is a guy you can have a beer with!

A bed, a bathroom, and a place to eat. Camping doesn't get any better than that!

Toddy

#4 IIO2

IIO2
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

Tombrown, thanks for the welcome.  Funny you mention the shelves in the closet.  We were still trying to decide which trailer we wanted, the Spirit or the Freedom.  The wife said which ever one we get will need shelves in the closet.  So the first mod will be the shelves in the closet.  

#5 IIO2

IIO2
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:01 AM

Toddy, thank you for the welcome also.  You are correct about having a beer with Tombrown.  As for my profile,  I can understand giving more info so everyone can get a better understanding of who they are dealing with.  However, my former career keeps me from putting info about myself out there.  I made many enemies over the years.  A lot of them are still locked up. The only thing I can say about my career is that I was an Internal Affairs Investigator.  Everyone, please do not take it personal that my profile is lacking more information about myself.  My job title and the words "still locked up"  gives a good indication of why the profile is lacking more info about myself.  I do a little woodworking sometimes, but traveling around the country in the Casita is going to be the major thing we will be doing.

• NASA42 B likes this

#6 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,261 posts
  • Local time: 10:19 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

Welcome to the club and to Casita ownership........many of us have downsized to Casita as well.........we love ours.......the perfect trailer for my wife, me and two dogs.

Safe travels. 

#7 IIO2

IIO2
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Thanks Jerrybob for the welcome.  We are very happy we bought the Casita.  We now wonder why we didn't buy a Casita about 7 years or so ago.

#8 ssatkinson

ssatkinson
  • Casita Club Member
  • 61 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2004 Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Trailer Name:Eggcetera

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:47 AM

Notice you are from Missouri-hoping you have had a chance to enjoy some of our many awesome state parks here! Also the National Scenic Riverway area if you enjoy canoeing, kayaking, etc. We love hooking up our little "Eggcetera" and exploring our home state on short trips (between the longer ones, of course!) I have to agree that closet shelves are a great mod-we lived with a cloth hanging divider for awhile but the shelves were a game changer in how we pack. It is amazing how much we DON'T feel a need to take, though,compared to our "sticky" days.