Photo

New To Forum Looking To Buy 17' Casita (Used)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 montoya88

montoya88
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 11:10 PM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

I am on the central Oregon coast looking for a deluxe Casita 17' in good shape, preferably to be purchased locally? (Eugene?)

all the best,

steve

#2 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,261 posts
  • Local time: 12:10 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

Not a lot of used out there......people keep them.  If you do find one......be ready to move quickly......they sell fast.  I bought a used 2011 SD in 2013.....I was the first caller.  Watch out for Craigslist scams......it happens.   Good luck.

#3 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 541 posts
  • Local time: 03:10 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' now sold :(
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:12 AM

Steve......

Welcome to the Casita clan!    Jerrybob's  advice is on the money.  Used Casitas in good shape (and some in so-so shape) go very quickly.   I suggest that you regularly also check out the classified listings on Casita Club, and on the other two primary molded fiberglass sites.  If  you familiarize yourself with the likely purchase prices for "pre-owned" Casitas in  your area, you'll be ready to pull the trigger when one in your price range is available. 

Frank   :rolleyes:

#4 Zimm

Zimm
  • Casita Club Member
  • 140 posts
  • Local time: 02:10 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 Spirit Deluxe Bunks

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

Keep an eye on the forum for used ones (as well as the other casita forum and fiberglassrv.  Also set up a craigslist search with auto email.  I found my 17' and it was on craigslist for 13 hours.  I called and was #3 to look at it.  I was bummed, but the other 2 had to postpone so I swooped in and bought it that evening.

Come visit us:  

http://thehandycamper.com