4 replies to this topic

#1 bernie

bernie
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 01:15 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spiritdeluxe 2018 17 foot

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

Hi I am Bernie Finch  of Pepin Wi  I am picking up a Spirit Deluxe April 16.  I have been using an 1999 A liner in my travels and camping for almost twenty years.  I bow hunt, shoot at Traditional Bowshots and fish.  I am a Chiropractor and acupuncturist for 48 years.  I want to travel a bit, boondocks some and just spend time relaxing in the outdoors.  I am a classical and finger style guitarist.  I do long distance walking and tai chi.  I have very little experience camping toilets and dumping septic tanks.  I pull with a 2008 Jeep wrangler or a 2005 Ford heavy-duty F150.  I am originally form Indianapolis, went to college in SC and travel often to my shack in the Black Hills of SD.  Also have lived in Wy, AZ MN and now foe 30 years in Pepin WI on the banks of the Mississippi.  Love to flyfish, straight line for channel cats and canoe backwaters.  My beautiful wife of 29 years Kathy is from SD.  She is a Naturopath...We have four kitties and one aussie shepard.  The dog travel with us. Cats don't...usually.

#2 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,304 posts
  • Local time: 12:15 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

HA! You didn't think anyone else knew about little Pepin, WI.  Many moons ago I used to sail out of Lake City. Some of us would cross the lake and stop at Pepin pretending we'd crossed the Gulf of Mexico.  Few places surpass the beautiful Mississippi river country.

Welcome.  You'll love your Casita even though the Aliner is so easy to set up, in ten minutes or less, as was demonstrated to me in Lake City by a 75 year old gentleman.

Enjoy your Casita

Dutchman

Edited to add 'river" so to ensure we're talking about the river, not the State of Mississippi.

Edited by Dutchman, 01 December 2017 - 06:55 AM.

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#3 bernie

bernie
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:43 AM

Dutchman 

thanks for the shout out.  The 75 year old gentleman may have been me!  Ive really enjoyed my a liner and many people ask to see it.  The skamp or the Casita is the only other thing Ive seen to rival it.  I like to be able to stop get out and lay right down when sleepy on the road.  When I wake I go again.  Going into a motel or messing with stuff I just get wake again for about an hour then I'm shot again.  I plan to put a picture on very soon.  Im having a little difficulty learning to navigate this site and of course remembering my password.  78 year old...Used to hang out inBozeman too

Bernie

• Dutchman likes this

#4 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,127 posts
  • Local time: 12:15 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

Welcome Bernie......you will love that Casita!  Sounds like you enjoy life........wonderful!   I understand the desire to enjoy the great outdoors.....I hunt and fish as well.  We also travel with our two dogs........I tell people I don't go anywhere my dogs can't go.  Lots of great adventures await you.....head out to the Pacific Northwest if you get the chance......lots of real pretty country!  Enjoy and safe travels.  

#5 bernie

bernie
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

JerryBob  Thanks for the note.  I have a 9 year old Australia Shepard  smarter most devoted dog Ive ever had and Ive had lots.  We have a new kitten to replace my tabby who died after 19 years.  I picked him up while camping in Ames Iowa.  He had been deserted in the camp ground.  Anyway the new kitten is obnoxious about climbing after food on table and counters.  After hearing me tell the kitten named James Dean to get down for several weeks,  Rush creek bogie the Aussi began to nip and herd the cat off the counter!!  He trained Jame Dean pretty well!  Not rough just sound steady herding off the table.  Whodathunkit?  Smart dog.  I have been to the Northwest many times  WA and OR  as well as Northern CA

Bernie

• clairemr1 likes this