#1 Cmcp0101

Cmcp0101
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 01:08 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Deluxe 17

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Hello everyone!

My wife (Kelly) and I (Craig) are in the hunt for a well cared for Liberty Deluxe 17'. We have been looking at various travel trailers and are now really focused on the Casita. Our plan is to hit the road next spring and travel the US for 4-6 months. Along the way we would like to visit as many National Parks and friends as possible. We have a 2000 Tundra aka (The Green Machine), that will be towing us along on this adventure. 

We are hoping to hear the pros and cons of the different Casita models. Learn about what modifications really are useful for the full time traveler.  What works and what doesn't. This will be our first trailer or RV so we are open to every comment that you would like to share.

Hope to see you out on the road.

Craig & Kelly

#2 Tom Haberski

Tom Haberski
  • Casita Club Member
  • 140 posts
  • Local time: 06:08 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1996 16' LD

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

My Only advice is to not limit yourself to an LD model if you are looking only for a used rig. Other models come up for sale and will do the job. If it is LD you require, better put in an order, or start praying......it Is a crap shoot for what is available when you are looking.

I have an LD,16', and the big bed is sweet, but a compromise too. Ain't no perfect choices.

#3 tractors1

tractors1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 420 posts
  • Local time: 05:08 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:ex-LD17, Escape21 now
  • Interests:Scuba diving, old tractors, woodworking

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Working the forums every day (as I'm retired) I often missed out on a 17LD by hours or days for over a year. I needed the king bed.

When I got an email asking if I was still shopping from Denver, Colorado I was on a plane from Portland, Oregon the next morning, checked out the trailer, and bought it using a bank transfer. Then back to Portland that afternoon, less than 24 hours after I got the first email. This was in January during a blizzard, so I had the trailer shipped out on a flatbed trailer - took 3 days and $900.

When I sold it a few years later I broke even with what I had invested to that point (not counting my labor on mods) in about 36 hours - and it was a 6 hour drive for the buyer!

So be ready to move when yours pops up! Good luck hunting.

Edited by tractors1, 13 September 2017 - 07:43 PM.

• clairemr1 likes this

ex-owner LD17, Escape 21 now
2013 Tacoma V6 4dr 4wd long bed

Need a widget to hold your stuff?

Don't drill holes!
http://www.rvwidgetworks.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Liberty Deluxe, New Owners, San Diego, California