• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CA Birder

CA Birder
  • Casita Club Member
  • 122 posts
  • Local time: 08:42 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Liberty Deluxe
  • Interests:Birding, backpacking, writing, travel, guitar playin', gardening...
  • Trailer Name:Raven Egg

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

Recently returned from a three week trip to eastern Oregon for the eclipse, on to Olympia Washington, flew to Sitka Alaska, then drove home to California. 2599.9 miles on the Casita.

Had 3 Casitas in Bishop, CA on Aug 17, one pulling out of the gas station we were pulling into, and two just north of town. One north of Kimberley, OR the day after the eclipse, and one in Washington, either along Hwy 12 or Hwy 5 south of Olympia. I forget.

Mike
Mike and Cindy
Central Coastal California
2014 17'LD "Raven Egg"
2016 Nissan Frontier SV4X4
Retired!

#2 DB_Cooper

DB_Cooper
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 09:42 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Patriot Deluxe

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

I put 2,500 miles on Casita, could have been one you saw. I did see a 17' being used as a temp home in John Day. I had a great time camping in the National Forest.

The trailer worked worked perfect and really made the trip. The locals in John Day would not fill our water jug, but the city did.

#3 vermilye

vermilye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 431 posts
  • Local time: 12:42 PM
  • Interests:Photography, travel

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

I just left John Day (Clyde Holliday State Park) on Thursday.  The smoke was getting pretty thick.  Now at the Narrows south of Burns & the smoke is much better.  

#4 bikedawg

bikedawg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 11:42 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Independence 17
  • Interests:Leaving the crowds behind to cycle far away from the distracted and caged.
  • Trailer Name:StayPuft

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

One you might've spotted that day would've been our "StayPuft" loaded with 4 bikes headed to Mammoth. We put over 5000 miles on it during that month out & back from the PetroMetro missing Harvey in the course of things.
Had just put on OMW's 3" lift, shocks (& 15 x 235 on/offroad tires), a tongue extension, reciever hitch and their propane box. All performed really well to get SP off the paved roads and up on Mesas or back into National forests. Next upgrades will be briefcase and roof top solar w/a 2nd AGM battery for extended boondocking.