Photo

Colorado's Newest, The Beanpod (2007 Fd17')

introduction fd17 colorado

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jenncard

jenncard
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 12:03 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 FD17
  • Trailer Name:The BeanPod

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

I just recently acquired a 2007 FD17 and will undoubtedly be spending more than a bit of time here, exploring mods, maintenance, repairs, etc so figured I'd say hello!  My Casita's name is "The BeanPod", as I frequently call my doggo "my little bean-bean"... although he isn't that little at 92 pounds...

Anyhow, I've been looking and wishing and thinking (and lurking, here and elsewhere) for quite a while now and suddenly The BeanPod fell into our lives this past week. It doesn't seem to have too much in the way of upgrades or mods - PO wasn't too sure about any of that accept to know that he & wife had loved traveling around in it. Best I can tell, we've got a high-lift for the 15" tires and.... well, I think that is about it. The BeanPod doesn't even have a fantastic fan! 

In 2005 I was living in France and bought a Renault delivery van which I subsequently built out to a camper (electrical and gas). Did all the work myself, with a lot of support and advice from camper forums (in french), so I'm not scared of diving into things! There are, I am quite certain, at least a hundred mods (big and small) that I've read about here and in the other forums that I want to do, but I have a lot of other "life things" on my plate right now so I don't think any of that will start right away. First thing first, I need to get the TV wired with 7-pin and ebrake controller because for now I can't even tow The BeanPod!

Anyhow, cheers to all of you!

Jenni, Leo (the bean), and the BeanPod

The Bean in the Pod sm.jpg  

#2 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,451 posts
  • Local time: 02:03 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

congratulations, jenni and welcome! ask any and all questions you have and the friendly casita folks will be happy to help you out with excellent advice. i know you'll love your beanpod.

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#3 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,320 posts
  • Local time: 12:03 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:39 PM

Congratulations on your new to you Casita.  Here are a couple of diagrams for the 7-plug Bargman that I hope will help.

Wiring Diagram for BARGMAN 7 Circuit.jpg

Wiring 7-Way Plug.gif

Edited by Carol Christensen, 02 September 2017 - 09:46 PM.

Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.