• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Barb Dwyer

Barb Dwyer
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Paddle boarding, Surfing, Slacklining. . .

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

My Husband and I just sold our tent trailer and are anxiously awaiting spring 2018 when we will get to pick up our new 17' Spirit Deluxe. Until then, it's back to old fashioned tent camping.  We, along with our dog, like to camp, hike, paddleboard, skydive, slackline, float rivers...  While the wait is killing us, we are having fun looking at potential mods and searching for other Casitas on our travels.

#2 Don in Ut

Don in Ut
  • Rally Organizer
  • 652 posts
  • Local time: 02:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:'96 16' SD
  • Interests:Exploring the beautiful mountains and canyons of Utah and other western states. I also enjoy off roading - snowmobiling in winter.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1710

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

Hi Barb

It is unusual that nobody has responded with a greeting.  Don't know what area of Utah you live but we live in SLC.  There are some folks in this area with Casitas that get together sometime.

Anyway, WELCOME.

Don in UT

Edited by Don in Ut, 16 August 2017 - 11:10 AM.

'96 SD 16' HLA 20 degree down start
'98 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 extended cab

#3 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 769 posts
  • Local time: 02:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Kayaking, hunting, woodworker, horse drawn carriage historian and restoration, maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

Welcome aboard and congrats on that new Casita.   Great little trailers........you will love it.   Safe travels.......come out to the Pacific Northwest if you get the chance......beautiful country. 

#4 nasa42a

nasa42a
  • Casita Club Member
  • 372 posts
  • Local time: 05:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 SD
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History..
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

Barb....

Welcome to the Casita family!  Having had the opportunity to share many of the National Parks in your state this past July, I encourage you to use a bit of your "wait" time to plan some eastern U.S. trips as well!   Our little magic carpets also work nationwide!

Frank  :rolleyes: 

#5 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 380 posts
  • Local time: 04:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

Welcome! I love your avatar if Barb Dwyer is your real name and not an alias. Super clever if it is.

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Casita. They are worth the wait. The good news is that spring is the best time to be in North Texas. If you time it right you will get to experience our spectacular wildflower blooms, so please plan to spend some time in our state and COE parks. Waxahachie Creek (COE) is very close to the Mother Ship in Rice. As for state parks, I recommend Lake Whitney, Fairfield and Mission Tejas. Our state flower, the Bluebonnet, blankets Lake Whitney SP around Easter but they don't last long. The heartier wildflowers are more colorful and will blanket the ditches along the interstates and highways all summer long.

My other piece of advice is to camp in your trailer until you figure out how you camp before investing in a bunch of upgrades. Some are really good, but with time, you will probably realize you won't need most of them. If you like to tinker, there are several member/vendors on this site that sell products and kits that make many modifications pretty idiot proof to tackle yourself. There is also YouTube that has DIY videos and reviews on virtually every topic.

Toddy