Hepvo Sanitary Waste Valve

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chris C

Chris C
  • Casita Club Member
  • 998 posts
  • Local time: 11:41 PM
  • Interests:Custom Furniture builder. Photography. Paragliding. Camping. Llamas. Really living life! (on and on and on and on!)

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

Anyone have a waterless waste valve installed in their trailer? (HepvO Sanitary Waste Valve)  I have to replace my shower plumbing and thought this might be a good time to look into one.

Chris
2006 17' Spirit Deluxe pulled with a White 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS.

Visit My Website

#2 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 837 posts
  • Local time: 09:41 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

Here you go...Everything you'll need, and in a kit form. I did both the shower drain mod and the kitchen sink drain mod with HepVo's.

http://littlehousecu...store.html#plum

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Super Dooper Deluxe

2016 Chevy Silverado, Crew Cab 5.8L V-8, 4X4

2004 Nissan Frontier, Crew Cab, V-6 2WD

Casita Club # 2754

#3 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 998 posts
  • Interests:Custom Furniture builder. Photography. Paragliding. Camping. Llamas. Really living life! (on and on and on and on!)

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

Thanks.............but my question is was it worth it?

Chris

Visit My Website

#4 WaltP

WaltP
  • Casita Club Member
  • 125 posts
  • Local time: 12:41 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' BigFoot, 2002

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

Worthwhile for sure. On my old 16' Casita I did the shower and both sinks. No more antifreeze on Winterizing.
And on the shower, just eliminating the blade valve makes it more than worthwhile. Plus no more rubber p-trap to rot.

#5 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

Well, to my thinking, it's worth it if you don't want to have to remember to open the shower drain valve in the closet each time you want to take a shower, (and start cussing when you are all "soaped up" and find yourself ankle deep in the shower pan because you forgot to open it,) or if you don't want to, or remember to, close it each time you take off, in order to keep the grey tank "bilge slop" from backing up, fouling your bathroom floor.

And as to the kitchen sink HepVo mod, at least to me, it was handy in that it removes the "P" trap , which took up a lot of valuable space under the sink cabinet, and thus move the whole drain line over against the forward wall. It gave me room to install a nice deep shelf under the sink for storing long boxes, like rolls of tin foil, saran, wax paper, parchment paper, boxes of zip-lock bags, etc. This area would otherwise be unused space in a trailer that has too little storage area already. Works for me anyway.

Attached Thumbnails

• casitamarch 004.JPG
  • casitamarch 007.JPG

• clover and SKYTALKER like this

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

Casita Club # 2754

#6 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Interesting.  I bought my trailer in '08 and only ended up with a mess in the bathroom floor on one occasion because the guy I bought it from left the valve open and didn't mention he'd left the tank half full!  Luckily the trip from purchase to the first campground was only a 30 minute drive, so the mess was minimal.  thmbup   As far as the P-trap under the sink, I've got room for everything I want to carry under the sink in it's place and space hasn't ever been a problem.  I've lived happily with the two P-traps for 9 years now and think I'll keep them.

Chris

Visit My Website

#7 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

I guess I just don't understand why someone would post a question on the forum, wanting information on upgrading something, and then turn around and say they're not interested and don't want to change or upgrade anything. Do you just post questions to waste other people's time when they're trying to offer you suggestions to your queries? It's a bit annoying to read posts like yours where you say "I'm looking for something to replace my shower drain P trap, then have them waste their time replying to your question, and then make a statement saying "I'll just keep my 2 P traps that I've had worked fine for 9 years." Really? Whatever...Why ask then?

• clover likes this

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

Casita Club # 2754

#8 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

I was under my trailer today replacing a P-trap that was torn when a truck threw it's tread in front of me last week.  While under the trailer, I was wondering what peoples opinion of this HepvO valve was.  After hearing about it I decided I wasn't interested........based on what it does for it's cost.  Any crime in that?  Sorry if I wasted your time, Greg.

Chris

Visit My Website

#9 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

Well, at the very least, the HepVo mod does get the drain line up higher under the trailer floor, (sans P trap,) so that it isn't as susceptible to road hazard damage. Sorry if I came off sounding a bit abrasive, as that wasn't my intent.

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

Casita Club # 2754

#10 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:01 PM

"the HepVo mod does get the drain line up higher under the trailer floor, (sans P trap,) so that it isn't as susceptible to road hazard damage"

Which was the reason for my question.  But having owned this trailer for 9 years and towed it approximately 45,000 miles, I think one torn P-trap isn't a big deal.  Think I'll just stay with what works and is most cost effective for me.

"Sorry if I came off sounding a bit abrasive, as that wasn't my intent."

You did, but that's okay, I don't offend easily.......................the internet makes it difficult to really get the meaning of someone's words when we can't see each other face to face.  I certainly learned that a long time ago. So, seriously, no offense taken. ;) 

Chris

Visit My Website

#11 Jim&Clare

Jim&Clare
  • Casita Club Member
  • 49 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:none
  • Interests:Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

Did you ever consider that your 11 year old axle that has done 45,000 miles over some rough roads may have sagged some and become a little "set"?

Maybe that is why you find the shocks less effective that some other folks.

Maybe....

Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Can now be found here: https://jimandclares...e.blogspot.com/

#12 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,176 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

Well, to my thinking, it's worth it if you don't want to have to remember to open the shower drain valve in the closet each time you want to take a shower, (and start cussing when you are all "soaped up" and find yourself ankle deep in the shower pan because you forgot to open it,) or if you don't want to, or remember to, close it each time you take off, in order to keep the grey tank "bilge slop" from backing up, fouling your bathroom floor.

And as to the kitchen sink HepVo mod, at least to me, it was handy in that it removes the "P" trap , which took up a lot of valuable space under the sink cabinet, and thus move the whole drain line over against the forward wall. It gave me room to install a nice deep shelf under the sink for storing long boxes, like rolls of tin foil, saran, wax paper, parchment paper, boxes of zip-lock bags, etc. This area would otherwise be unused space in a trailer that has too little storage area already. Works for me anyway.

X2 from us

love both of our HepVo valves- very easy to install    

more often than not I would forget to open the shower valve before a shower and close it before heading home

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)