#1 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,010 posts
  • Local time: 04:21 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

The Florida, New Year gathering this year will be very informal. Connie and I usually stay at Salt Springs Recreation area in the Ocala National Forest, HW 19, for about 30 days.
This is a busy time for camping in Florida so you should try to make reservations 6 months in advance. https://www.reservea...SO&parkId=73853
Or phone 877-444-6777.
Our reservations are from Dec 15 to January 11

I've pasted in part of Ray's post from the other forum. just made my reservations today for Dec 17- Jan. 3 in site 21. Closer to the end of this month I will go in and change that arrival date. There is a $10 fee for doing that but it is worth it to me to lock in a site for the holiday. There are very few reservable sites in the campground and folks can stay for a long time ( it is not limited to 2 weeks) so it is better to make plans now. If worst happens and you have to cancel you do pay a small fee, on the other hand if you wait you may be out of luck. There are sometimes FCFS sites, but they are often available only 1 night, so you can wind up moving from site to site, not a lot of fun.

If you decide to come please email me at borderbrae@aol.com. I'm helping Ray wth the planning, etc.if you have any suggestions about what you might find helpful or fun please let me know. We'd like to have folks relax and enjoy themselves, maybe learn a bit about their trailers or camping.

This is a very casual gathering with probably a pot luck on New Year's Eve, but we don't stay up late. We
Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#2 Rgill

Rgill
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 02:21 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2006 17' LD
  • Interests:Camping and ham radio.
  • Trailer Name:Edge

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:24 AM

The actual dates for the New Year Get-to-Gather at Salt Springs will be Dec 28 thru Jan 1st. Come early and/or stay late.  Although it is mainly a Casita gathering, all trailer types are welcome.

The gate office phone #: 352-685-2048

We will plan a Casita maintence class Sat. morning at 10:00am and try to help with any problems anyone has and answer questions.  Jean will share information about camping out west and Alaska.

We are also planning a pot-luck meal Sunday afternoon. Arrive at 4:00pm and eat 4:30.

There are plenty of things to see and do in this area or a short distance away.  There is a nice little restaurant and a Dollar General across the Hy.  Great sea food at Corky Bell’s 29 miles in East Palatka.  Daytona Beach about 45 miles.  Great fishing at the many lakes and rivers and a free shooting range about 10 miles.  Wild life in the area include Bears, Eagles, Manatee, alligators and the two legged ones, some with beards and bald heads.

There are several flea markets along Hy. 19 on weekends.

The campground seems to have full service at all sites, E/W/S.  There is wifi at the entrance office.  Cell phone service is sketchy, we use a booster to get AT&T.

Yall come!

Ray

Rgill

#3 casper1

casper1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 04:21 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2015 Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:Jeeps, camping, computers, travel
  • Trailer Name:Casper

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

We made our reservations for site 16. Be glad to see everyone.