• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 koi-kid

koi-kid
  • Casita Club Member
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 03:45 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2010 FD 17'
  • Interests:Fine Woodworking, Ham Radio,Vintage Volkswagen & Vintage BMW M/C, Photography,gardening and many more.

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

I have been seeing this poor little Casita down the road from us for about the last 3 weeks at a local RV repair place. It looks so Lonely all by it's self in among all those big Sun Blockers!

I almost felt like bringing mine over to keep it company!  Don't know what it's doing there just checked their web site and it's not on their for sale list, or for rent. 

At first thought it was getting wheel bearing service but 3 or more weeks is a bit long for service. And to go to the Bluebonnet Rally next week it is only 9 miles up HY-16 to the rally site so who knows.

Maybe I will call them Monday and see what the story is with this lonely Casita.

Marsh 

Pipe Creek,TX

Attached Files

• Carol Christensen, Sue and Sandy and SKYTALKER like this

#2 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,275 posts
  • Local time: 01:45 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:13 AM

Good shot.  It probably is the only paid for RV in that parking lot.  Or, perhaps, it has been reported as "lost, out of sight while being parked". :o

Dutchman

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#3 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 590 posts
  • Local time: 02:45 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:00 AM

I spent an hour or so catching up on Bex Cat-Herder's video-blogs on YouTube yesterday morning. She had posted several trips up along the coast in Northern California. Several times during the shots of her towing her 13' Patriot I thought about not being able to get a big trailer through the woods and was grateful for my compact Casita. Your picture above truly captures the phrase, "I can go anywhere you can go, but you can't go everywhere I can go". Unless you have a mate 20 years your junior, we will all eventually be forced to downsize if we plan to travel/camp until we lose our drivers licenses. I just can't see the point of hauling an apartment into the woods let alone across the country and back and then imply that this is camping. Grateful for living a simple lifestyle! Happy camping!

Toddy

• SKYTALKER, Meadowlark and NASA42 B like this

#4 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,435 posts
  • Local time: 02:45 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

look at all those monster rigs in there and all my eyes are drawn to is the little darling in the center! gosh, i love a casita!!!!

• SKYTALKER likes this

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#5 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,941 posts
  • Local time: 12:45 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

Yup, and I bet my lunch the big road boats NEVER get the "It's so CUTE!" comments!

• SKYTALKER likes this

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."