• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 travelholic

travelholic
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 03:28 PM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

I have been in love with the Casitas the first moment I saw them on the internet.  I have been in the 16 foot one but finally got into the 13 foot one today and LOVED it.  I think it is a better size for me.  Anyway, I am going to begin my search for a used 13 foot and would appreciate hearing from you all, what would be considered fair prices for a 13 foot in good condition for years from 2005 on upward to 2015.  The one I saw today was a 2016 and they wanted $20,000 for it so I quickly walked away.  I am not a good haggler so if I know the ball park figures for the various years, I'll be able to look with more confidence.  Looking forward to being a Casita owner!

#2 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,418 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

If a Casita is in good condition it will hold it's value for a long time. I have a 2003 Spirit Deluxe and have turned down a couple of offers for $12000+

Look in the classified ads on this forum, and on www.fiberglassrv.com and http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/casita-trailers-for-sale. 

The hardest obstacle for a new person looking to purchase a used Casita is how much they hold their value. Once you "loose" the opportunity to purchase a used one and realize most people won't have to drop their price, you'll start to get more aggressive on having your money ready. 

There are not as many 13' Patriots for sale, they are not as popular as the larger models. However, I've seen more for sale the past couple years than in the past 10 years I've paid attention. Also, I've seen times that the Casita factory has had 2 or 3 sitting on their lot in the past year. That is rare. They don't ususally have one around for people to look at. 

http://www.fiberglas...sita-patriot-13

Call the Casita factory and get the price on a new one that is loaded with all of the features then work back from there. The one you looked at might have had all of the options and some upgrades?? If you are on either of the coasts, a used one will go for a premium because the cost of going to the factory to buy new and fewer are available the further from the factory in Texas.

Good Luck, you'll love owing a  Casita

Edited by clover, 17 February 2017 - 02:19 PM.

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#3 Jim&Clare

Jim&Clare
  • Casita Club Member
  • 145 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2002 Bigfoot 17
  • Interests:Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

...Call the Casita factory and get the price on a new one that is loaded with all of the features then work back from there. The one you looked at might have had all of the options and some upgrades?? If you are on either of the coasts, a used one will go for a premium because the cost of going to the factory to buy new and fewer are available the further from the factory in Texas.

Clover,

You know they no longer make the 13 right?

Jim

Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Happily running around in a 2002 Bigfoot 17

Where is Jim now?

#4 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 579 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

It was my understanding that Casita put production of the 13' Patriot on hold temporarily until they could get caught up from their backlog of the more popular 17' models. I was not under the impression production on the Patriot had ceased indefinitely.

Hot Toddy

#5 Jim&Clare

Jim&Clare
  • Casita Club Member
  • 145 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2002 Bigfoot 17
  • Interests:Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

It was my understanding that Casita put production of the 13' Patriot on hold temporarily until they could get caught up from their backlog of the more popular 17' models. I was not under the impression production on the Patriot had ceased indefinitely.

Hot Toddy

You are correct - but do you really think they will ever come back?

Jonathan Willis said "We did, we were only selling 3-4 a year any way and needed the room to build more 17's--- everyone asked about the 13's but once they walked in one they walked right back out-- we may bring it back in early 2018 depending on how many orders we have.... so far none"

• NASA42 B and Wally Z like this

Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Happily running around in a 2002 Bigfoot 17

Where is Jim now?

#6 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:08 PM

You can get a new 17' for 20k. No used 13' is worth that much in my opinion.

2014 17' Casita SD

#7 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,232 posts
  • Local time: 02:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

On the Casita travel trailers website, the lowest base price is $14,000.  If you assume that would be for the smallest model, it would be for a new 13' with no options.  I have no idea of the depreciation rate of a 13' but can tell you that my first 17' depreciated about $500/year for the first 5 years.  It was in very good shape when sold.  That might be helpful as a starting point for you, although you would also probably want to take into account that Casita prices have gone up some through the years as well.  By that I mean the price of a new 2010 would have cost less than $14K.

• clairemr1 likes this
Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

#8 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,421 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

On the Casita travel trailers website, the lowest base price is $14,000.  If you assume that would be for the smallest model, it would be for a new 13' with no options.  I have no idea of the depreciation rate of a 13' but can tell you that my first 17' depreciated about $500/year for the first 5 years.  It was in very good shape when sold.  That might be helpful as a starting point for you, although you would also probably want to take into account that Casita prices have gone up some through the years as well.  By that I mean the price of a new 2010 would have cost less than $14K.

carol's comments are spot on, as far as pricing the 13ft Patriot Deluxe. since they have suspended production of this model, perhaps permanently, it might mean a used one's price may go up a bit from this. also, keep in mind that options like awning, furnace, vinyl flooring will increase the base price. i have been full timing for 3 yrs now in my 2013 PD and, like you, find it the perfect size for me and my little dog. it's a dream to pull, easy on gas and has fit into the tiniest of sites. i highly recommend it. however, depending on your location, they can be very hard to find. if you have your heart set on a 13ft you might consider looking in the more northern states, where i understand the 13ft models are more popular or maybe even consider the scamp, which is still producing the 13ft trailer, as far as i know. i hate to recommend something other than casita, since i think it's absolutely the best small fiberglass trailer out there for the price, but  you may need to consider a different brand if your search for a 13ft casita proves fruitless. best of luck to you and happy camping................

Edited by clairemr1, 20 February 2017 - 12:45 PM.

• Carol Christensen likes this

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#9 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,418 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:15 AM

...Call the Casita factory and get the price on a new one that is loaded with all of the features then work back from there. The one you looked at might have had all of the options and some upgrades?? If you are on either of the coasts, a used one will go for a premium because the cost of going to the factory to buy new and fewer are available the further from the factory in Texas.

Clover,

You know they no longer make the 13 right?

Jim

Jim

No I missed that news flash.

It makes sense to build what is in highest demand.

I stopped by the factory on a Sunday in September and at that time they had 3 Patriots sitting on the lot. I have frequented the factory several times a year over the past 10 years and this was the first time they had a 13' sitting on the lot when I happened to come by.

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#10 danwills

danwills
  • Casita Club Member
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 02:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:patriot 13'

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

I bought a new Patriot deluxe in 2015. By the time I traveled to Texas from California and paid the California taxes and registration it cost a little under 18k. So the seller was probably in the ballpark with the price they were asking. I looked a long time before making the purchase. Casitas hold value very well. If you do see one for sale it won't be for long.

• clairemr1 likes this

#11 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,421 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

I bought a new Patriot deluxe in 2015. By the time I traveled to Texas from California and paid the California taxes and registration it cost a little under 18k. So the seller was probably in the ballpark with the price they were asking. I looked a long time before making the purchase. Casitas hold value very well. If you do see one for sale it won't be for long.

thanks, dan, for sharing your buying experience with a new PD. i've always felt it has been one of the best purchases of my life. whole lotta fun in a little bitty package!

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#12 sonnyf

sonnyf
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 10:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 Patriot/13'

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

If you are still looking for a 13' Patriot Deluxe, we will have one for sale early in June of this year.  It is a 2014 model and in excellent condition.  We are located in South Carolina.  You can email me at:  sonny@sonnyfields.com  .  (:

#13 dnalb

dnalb
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:13' Patriot deluxe

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

My wife and I will be putting our Casita 13' Patriot travel trailer for sale in the next few days. It's a 2002 model that was purchased new by the previous owners. They told us the trailer was used only a few times and was then stored in their garage for 9 years. The Casita was in like new condition when we saw it in 2012 and we purchased it immediately. Now we're getting older and health problems prevent us from taking trips. We love this RV and wouldn't part with it not necessary. It's been kept clean and like new and has had several upgrades. Watch for the "for sale" listing or phone us at 909 795-2277 in southern California.

#14 Beetlefreak

Beetlefreak
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts
  • Local time: 05:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2010 Liberty
  • Interests:Finding a good adventure

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

I was in the factory 4 weeks ago and there were 2 Patriots on the floor being built.  I told Johnathan my understanding was that they were no longer making that model and he said "if there is a demand we will build them"

• clairemr1 likes this
So much fun - So little time
Beetlefreak.com

#15 sonnyf

sonnyf
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 10:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2014 Patriot/13'

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:54 AM

CASITA 2014 13' PATRIOT DELUXE FOR SALE in South Carolina

We purchased camper new from factory with FURNACE and AWNING options.

Below are some improvements we have made to the camper:
1.  Battery replaced last month
2.  Bathroom door replaced with a folding shower door (I still have the original door and is included in sale)
3.  Custom Up/down shades on all windows (over $300.00 value)
4.  Disconnect on power cable so you don't have to stuff the long cable under the cabinet
5.  Mirror on closet door
6.  Screen door

Camper has been on less than 20 short camping trips.  In most cases, less than 200 miles round trip.
The Camper has been kept in a covered carport and is in excellent condition!

We are asking only $14,900.00!!

Contact me at: sonny@sonnyfields.com 
frontsm.jpg bathclosedsm.jpg bathopensm.jpg bedsm.jpg tablesm.jpg sinksm.jpg sidesm.jpg