#121 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,329 posts
  • Local time: 10:03 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for the update John.....glad you found the parts boat.....it will be handy and I am sure you will put some of them old parts to good use.  Keep up the good work.   

#122 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,596 posts
  • Local time: 12:03 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:00 AM

similar to a car wreck organ donor...........one terminated and selflessly donated "vital organs"

good luck with the "transplants"

this should keep you busy and content the short time before your business gets into high gear as the weather warms up

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#123 Linda & Bob, K4TAX

Linda & Bob, K4TAX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 176 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:WE Sold it!
  • Trailer Name:Room 4 Two
  • Casita Club Directory #:2033

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:46 AM

WARNING! The following thread is loaded with pictures..

Check out my "barn find", it's a 1973 Century Resorter 16 with it's original 225 HP 318 Chrysler..

Last week, one of my customers that's a bigger old boat nut than I am told me about this boat and that it was fixing to be put up for sale.. The boat belonged to a long time friend and original owner, his advancing age & health was forcing him to sell the boat as none of his kids wanted anything to do with the "old boat".. I drove up a couple of weeks ago to take a look at it, we pulled it out of the garage and I couldn't believe how clean it was, the boat is a true "survivor".. Hooked up a garden hose and fired up the engine, it popped right off without so much as a hiccup and settled down to a nice smooth idle.. In the last few years it's had the raw water pump rebuilt, carburetor replaced, and electronic ignition installed.. The interior is all original but is starting to show it's age, the removable rear, center floor panel needs to be replaced due to rot, and both of the wood seat bases need to be rebuilt.. But overall it's nothing that prevents the boat from being used as is.. All the original chrome is in excellent condition and just needs a light buffing to restore it's luster.. The old man was asking $6000 for it, but after I went over it with a fine tooth comb and pointed out the rotted floor and seat bases along with a few other missing items that will be pricey to restore, I offered him $4500 and we had a deal..

It's currently sitting in the driveway on jack stands getting the trailer's springs replaced and the wheel bearings cleaned & repacked.. I still have to adjust the trailer's bunks to give the propeller & rudder a bit more ground clearance as it's a bit too close to the pavement for my liking..

Here's a few pics of her when I brought her home.. I think she'll make a fine stablemate for my classic Chris Craft cruiser..

35598072836_d71e40bbd5_b.jpg100_2645 by cc_john67, on Flickr

35506902471_d43ca3e98d_b.jpg100_2646 by cc_john67, on Flickr

35598073006_2a78952302_b.jpg100_2647 by cc_john67, on Flickr

34796203334_de1851fc66_b.jpg100_2648 by cc_john67, on Flickr

Some years ago we had a pair of those 318's in a houseboat we owned.   Real solid marine engines coupled to Borgue V drives.  Like a Timex, they just keep on ticking. 

#124 CC-John

CC-John

Iconoclast

• Topic Starter
  • Rally Organizer
  • 696 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Casita 17SD
  • Interests:Classic Fiberglass Boats, Hot Babes, Fine Cigars, & Good Whiskey
  • Trailer Name:No Tell Motel & Cigar Lounge

Posted 07 April 2020 - 03:00 AM

Just a quick update... Slowly plugging along on the Century, hope to have one side of the floor installed and glassed in within the next two weeks.. Not having any extra time to work on the boat because pool service companies have been deemed "essential services" so I haven't missed a beat as far as work goes.. Still pounding the streets everyday running my service routes and loving the reduced traffic, waived tolls, and cheap gas.. :D :D B)

• clover and Jerrybob like this

CC-John

"I void warranties"

FGRV #1 1973 Century Resorter 16 - Powered by Chrysler LM318 225HP V-8

BOAT PICS

FGRV #2 2007 Casita 17SD - Powered by Onan CampPower 2500LP

CASITA PICS

#125 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,296 posts
  • Local time: 10:03 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:51 AM

Hi John,

I was wondering how that Century project was coming along. Nice to hear that your pool business is doing well for you though. Good to hear you back on the board again.

When you have a few minutes of downtime, enjoy a cigar and a tall Rum & Coke for me!  :dncinban:

Best wishes

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

Casita Club # 2754

#126 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,596 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

Just a quick update... Slowly plugging along on the Century, hope to have one side of the floor installed and glassed in within the next two weeks.. Not having any extra time to work on the boat because pool service companies have been deemed "essential services" so I haven't missed a beat as far as work goes.. Still pounding the streets everyday running my service routes and loving the reduced traffic, waived tolls, and cheap gas.. :D :D B)

Essential?? I guess with the kids home out of school all day the parent need to keep them entertained and exercised OR  drown them because their driving the parents NUTS!! :ph34r:

• Meadowlark likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)