Just a quick update...
Things are finally getting back to normal after Harvey kinda rained on our parade.. Work has had me tied to the whipping post getting flooded pools cleaned back up and flooded pumps & heaters repaired or replaced.. Last weekend was the first weekend that I got to actually get some boat work done.. I brought the boat home from storage, removed the windshield and replaced all the old rotted weatherstriping and gaskets, and mounted it back on the boat.. I also managed to get some of the new parts painted, and reassembled the backrest for the front seat along with putting the upholstery back on the new base for the rear seat..
Yeah... Yeah.... Pics or it didn't happen, I know the drill....
Here's all the rebuilt engine beds with a fresh coat of mahogany bilge paint, ready to be installed in the boat as soon as I get the old lag bolt holes filled and redrilled in the stringers..
100_2947 by cc_john67, on Flickr
The new rear seat base with a coat of paint and the original upholstery reinstalled on the kick plate..
100_2948 by cc_john67, on Flickr
100_2949 by cc_john67, on Flickr
The backrest for the front seat after reinstalling the original upholstery and foam on the new plywood frame..
100_2951 by cc_john67, on Flickr
100_2952 by cc_john67, on Flickr
I need to hit a trim shop and pick up some fresh "hydem" to finish trimming out the back of the backrest.. The original hydem that trimmed out the edges of the vinyl side panels had deteriorated to the point of being unusable after being removed from the old rotted frame..
100_2953 by cc_john67, on Flickr