Grey Water Tank

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Glassbydesign

Glassbydesign
  • Casita Club Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

We have 2015 SD 17' . On this trip which lasted 5 nights the grey water tank seems to have reached capacity. Water in sink won't drain on last day you could see water in sink and shower. Same problem on last trip 3 days. Any suggestions. Black water tank was ok.

#2 Beetlefreak

Beetlefreak
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2010 Liberty
  • Interests:Finding a good adventure

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:22 PM

A lot depends on how completely you empty the tank.  Some dump stations are not favorably level and it is more difficult to completely empty the tank.  Check the side to side level and make sure the door side of the trailer is higher than the dump valve side.  Then check the front to back level and make sure the front is higher than the back.  I have had to block the trailer to achieve side to side and the back tires of the tow vehicle to achieve favorable front to back.

You didn't mention if you are using the shower but if you do it is easy to fill the gray tank in three days.  Cindy and I shower everyday and cook and wash dishes so I figure about 10 gallons of water per day so we have to dump gray water every 3 or 4 days.  The black tank lasts us 5 to 7 days depending on how much beer we drink   :rofl:

So much fun - So little time
Beetlefreak.com