• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 huckleberrybound

huckleberrybound
  • Casita Club Member
  • 12 posts
  • Local time: 03:41 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 Spirit Standard
  • Interests:Hiking, arts, writing, reading, naps, family, and good food!
  • Trailer Name:Betty White

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:13 AM

Just a note to say we are a young family (only one kiddo, age 2) who live in our Casita 17 Spirit Standard full time and travel while I work remotely. We came from a 43' coach and absolutely love the simplicity and mobility we've gained by going small. I know you may not be living in your Casita like us, but know that there are a few young families out there mucking about in Casitas - they aren't common, but they exist! 

• highplainsdrifter and lmk17 like this

Family of 3 + mutt living and traveling full time in their Casita camper named Betty White!

2016 Casita 17 Spirit Standard with lots of upgrades

2016 Ram Power Wagon Tradesman

http://tinyasscamper.com

#17 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,932 posts
  • Local time: 01:41 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

Please do NOT put kitty litter, no matter how ''''flushable'' it may be, in your Casita toilet. For that matter, I find it difficult to believe they can make litter  so dissolvable that it can be flushed down ANY toilet, public sewer lines or septic tank. Just put it in the garbage like everything else. Broken water lines or worse, plugged septic fields/tanks are no fun.

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."

#18 lmk17

lmk17
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 49 posts
  • Local time: 03:41 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 Spirit STD 16'

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:29 PM

Please do NOT put kitty litter, no matter how ''''flushable'' it may be, in your Casita toilet. For that matter, I find it difficult to believe they can make litter  so dissolvable that it can be flushed down ANY toilet, public sewer lines or septic tank. Just put it in the garbage like everything else. Broken water lines or worse, plugged septic fields/tanks are no fun.

Oh, I certainly wasn't suggesting anyone should put kitty litter down their Casita toilet!  And anyway, it's moot for me since my Casita doesn't have a toilet...  As for the actual kitty litter, I do scoop the cat boxes daily and put the scooped out waste, + the small amount of litter along with it, into the toilet.  The litter is made from corn and behaves quite like toilet paper, actually.  That is, it absorbs small amounts of liquid but immediately becomes mushy and breaks apart if it's made too wet.  We have city sewer lines, and I've never had the least bit of trouble with flushing a *small* amount of the litter.  Perhaps I would feel differently if I felt we had more fragile lines or a septic tank.  

That said, there are potentially environmental concerns with flushing cat waste, so it's still a bit of a judgement call.

Edited by lmk17, 31 October 2016 - 12:31 PM.