Photo

Glamping A Casita In Texas, And Places You Recommend!

Glamping glamper casita

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mdbondurant

mdbondurant
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 07:49 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit Delux

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:43 AM

Have you Glamped your Casita?  I have, and OH I love it!  :dncinban:   Exterior paint is next!

Now I need great destinations, so please share your recent destinations in Texas - oh and any modifications (with pictures) of your Casita.

I have named mine, My lil' "To-Go Box"

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20160811_184040.jpg

• Steamboat and Shelia like this

#2 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,422 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:51 AM

wow, what a great job you've done inside! i need some decorating ideas for my little "sassie cassie", in order to dress her up as well. hope to meet/camp with you somewhere down the road!

• mdbondurant likes this

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#3 Ros M

Ros M
  • Casita Club Member
  • 151 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:none

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:38 AM

How adorable! I envy those in the forum who can decorate, and those who can construct.
I hope to one day be one or the other.
Congrats on an amazing job!
  • mdbondurant likes this

#4 brsedwebt

brsedwebt
  • Casita Club Member
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:ID 17
  • Interests:camping, travel, ghost towns, light houses, covered bridges, kayaking, boating, antiques, old advertising...
  • Trailer Name:Cozy-Casa

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:19 AM

I cannot figure out how to post photos on this site - anybody help? BUT just wanted to say I LOVE IT!!!! Keep it up! Hmmmm.... So many great places in TX. My favorite camping spot is Inks Lake State Park - hike the easy trail by the Devils Watering Hole and go UP the rocky cliff by there and see the most awesome trail views around - take a dip in the lake too. Make sure you go to Llano TX to Coopers BBQ as nice day trip - eat at the local park there on the river and enjoy the view. Another day trip from there is Enchanted Rock - hike to the top - bring water and lunch and enjoy the view from up top it is an easy climb and very well worth it. Pedernales Falls State Park is really nice to visit and have lunch right at the falls. A MUST see is Hamilton Pools in Dripping Springs TX. Hike down an easy path and enjoy a picnic you will not forget. Sooo many things in the hill country I love.... Link to some photos of the Cozy-Casa http://www.fiberglas...albums1791.html 380.JPG SAM_1127.JPG SAM_1144.JPG SAM_1210.JPG 099.JPG 378.JPG

Edited by brsedwebt, 29 August 2016 - 09:52 AM.

• mdbondurant, Steamboat and Shelia like this

Cozy-Casa    Visualize whirled peas

#5 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:27 AM

You've definitely made it your own. Love the marshmallow toasted sign. Did you make that up? Would make a great T-shirt.  I guess you don't plan on every selling your Casita. Might want to consider decals instead of paint on the outside surfaces.  Just a thought.

• mdbondurant likes this

2014 17' Casita SD

#6 Shelia

Shelia
  • Casita Club Member
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 06:49 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Wannabe Casita 16 Liberty
  • Interests:Nature, smooth jazz, blues (esp 1920s - 1940s), dulcimer, folk music, DOGS, Choctaw/Irish heritage, American Pioneer history Native American history

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

I loved the glamped up Casitas. I don't have mine yet but have big plans for her.  Keep up the good work.

I haven't been there but have heard Tyler State Park is a great place.

• mdbondurant and Steamboat like this

#7 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,419 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

Here is a link to a lady's site that has done a lot of Glamping types mods to her Casita. Also the outside is the color of a free range chicken egg. As I recall it was painted that color prior to her purchase. She is also from Texas so maybe y'all can meet live sometime.

http://www.mrspadill...travel-trailer/

• U.S.M.C. Don likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#8 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

mdbondurant

depending on location of you home base in Texas........most state parks are great places to camp. You posted a picture on the beach in Galveston. If you like the beach areas, one we enjoy is the Lower Colorado River Authorities Camp Ground at Matagorda Nature Park.

http://www.lcra.org/...ature-park.aspx

It sits right on the Colorado River as it dumps into the bay. There are Kayak trails in the park and they do rent equipment if you don't have your own. The nature center has programs they put on and you can tour the center. Off of 2031 the road leading to the park there is access to the beach via Beach Rd to Dunes Rd. People camp out on that beach. You have to purchase and annual pass as I recall it was somewhere around $10. 

Consider picking up the Texas Public Campgrounds Directory. I've found them at the Texas State Welcome Centers or at some local Convention & Visitors Bureaus in tourist towns. It will list all of the state, federal and local gov't facilities. COE campgrounds are great as well as some "jewels" that are city run parks.

https://ftp.dot.stat...campgrounds.pdf

pass along your travel experiences, were are always looking for new places to explore

Happy Travels!

• U.S.M.C. Don, mdbondurant and Shelia like this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#9 rodgerintx

rodgerintx
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17
  • Interests:Reading, birding, photography, travel
  • Trailer Name:TwoSita

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

Texas destinations?

Big Bend, Caprock Canyons, Fort Griffin State Historic Site, Brazos Bend State Park, Navarro Mills Lake.

Every one perfect in its own way.

• mdbondurant likes this

#10 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:22 AM

https://www.amazon.c...accessories :D

Edited by Wally Z, 30 August 2016 - 10:24 AM.

2014 17' Casita SD

#11 Ros M

Ros M
  • Casita Club Member
  • 151 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:none

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

https://www.amazon.c...accessories :D

Lol......
  • mdbondurant likes this

#12 mdbondurant

mdbondurant
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:07 PM

Thanks for all the compliments! Yes I LOVE HER! Next weekend camping at seven Bluff at the Frio Riveriver! So excited!!
  • clover likes this

#13 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for all the compliments! Yes I LOVE HER! Next weekend camping at seven Bluff at the Frio Riveriver! So excited!!

The Frio River is best appreciated when tubing when it is 100+ degrees outside. I love the area around Concan, Garner State Park and Lost Maples SP. 

I'm envious! The crowds will be down now that the kids are in school

Enjoy the Glamp!! :D

• Meadowlark, U.S.M.C. Don and mdbondurant like this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD

#14 mdbondurant

mdbondurant
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

You've definitely made it your own. Love the marshmallow toasted sign. Did you make that up? Would make a great T-shirt.  I guess you don't plan on every selling your Casita. Might want to consider decals instead of paint on the outside surfaces.  Just a thought.

Wally Z,  I found the phrase online, and made it my own on the chalkboard surface (vinyl) on the door.  Then I used a fixit spray to keep it from smudging. :)

• Wally Z likes this

#15 mdbondurant

mdbondurant
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

I cannot figure out how to post photos on this site - anybody help? BUT just wanted to say I LOVE IT!!!! Keep it up! Hmmmm.... So many great places in TX. My favorite camping spot is Inks Lake State Park - hike the easy trail by the Devils Watering Hole and go UP the rocky cliff by there and see the most awesome trail views around - take a dip in the lake too. Make sure you go to Llano TX to Coopers BBQ as nice day trip - eat at the local park there on the river and enjoy the view. Another day trip from there is Enchanted Rock - hike to the top - bring water and lunch and enjoy the view from up top it is an easy climb and very well worth it. Pedernales Falls State Park is really nice to visit and have lunch right at the falls. A MUST see is Hamilton Pools in Dripping Springs TX. Hike down an easy path and enjoy a picnic you will not forget. Sooo many things in the hill country I love.... Link to some photos of the Cozy-Casa http://www.fiberglas...albums1791.html attachicon.gif380.JPGattachicon.gifSAM_1127.JPGattachicon.gifSAM_1144.JPGattachicon.gifSAM_1210.JPGattachicon.gif099.JPGattachicon.gif378.JPG

THIS IS FABULOUS!  Great job!! :)  I am actually very familiar with Inks Lake State Park. I have a lake house up in that area.  You did mention a few things I haven't yet tried, but definitely will.  Coopers BBQ is YUMMY! :)

Thank you for sharing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glamping, glamper, casita