Hello from the Southwest!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Tom and Sharon Canino

Tom and Sharon Canino
  • Casita Club Member
  • 17 posts
  • Local time: 09:27 PM
  • Interests:Tom into boats - all kinds...Have 2003 17' Casita LD; pulled by 2001 Dodge 1500. Will be using Casita alot in the future as both retired.

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:27 PM

We can't make the October Casitafest at Lake Casita (we'll be in Florida) and we are only 30 miles away from the Lake here in California. Bummer!!!! :P However, would love to go to one in February 2005 up the Coast. Monterey, Pismo or wherever..so put us in line for a February Southwest Casitafest!!! Have a great time at Lake Casita!!!! :D
Tom & Sharon Canino + Oscar
2003 17' LD pulled by
2001 1500 Dodge P/U
Port Hueneme, Calif

#17 Chris B

Chris B
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

Tom and Sharon - The October Casitafest was in October of 2003.
Chris
Chris B
'03 17' Liberty Deluxe
2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
Southern California (Orange County)

#18 bzimm

bzimm
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 08:27 PM

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:26 PM

HI, I am a newcomer to your site and live in the San Diego area. Do you plan an get together's further south?

Let me know your thoughts..... Thanks Barbara. :o

#19 Chris B

Chris B
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:49 PM

Hi Barbara - There is nothing planned as of yet (that I know of), but there seems to be more and more people down our way getting eggs. Maybe we can have a mini ralley in the desert in the fall. We usually head out to Borrego Springs or Joshua Tree in October and November. Lake Casitas is a fun rally to go to with alot of nice people. Unfortunately it's planned for the same weekend that I have reservations in Big Sur.

Chris
Chris B
'03 17' Liberty Deluxe
2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
Southern California (Orange County)

#20 CarolU

CarolU
  • Rally Organizer
  • 867 posts
  • Local time: 08:27 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1014

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:41 PM

I posted this July 23 this year (2004) Yes we are having a Lake Casita Rally. Please read below...

Jim and I have decided to go to Lake Casitas again this year( 2004) . I phoned Lake Casitas this morning and the weekend of October 1 to 3 is available with spaces open in the BASS campground….. Lake Casitas is located between Santa Barbara and Ventura, California .. by Ojai.

The number for Lake Casitas is ... (805) 649 1122 if anyone would like to join us. Jim and I will check-in Thursday night September 30 and checkout Tuesday morning October 5. Please keep dialing until it rings – then hold on – they only have one phone line and it takes awhile.

This will be a relaxed rally. No Potlucks will be planned – instead we will ask that you bring an appetizer to share before dinner and/or a dessert to share after dinner. If you would like to set up something like: solar demonstration, free or for sale camp items, Dutch Oven cooking, etc. Please feel free to do so – just let me know so I can keep track of times.

Most BASS spaces have hookups, but not all – there are a few tent spaces that do not have hookups. If you need to cancel you can up to 72 hours before and the only thing you won't get back is a non-refundable reservation fee.

Please call ASAP to reserve...... Please let me know your space number if you make a reservation.. There are other campgrounds, if BASS is full… Ask for the closest campground to BASS. We hope to see you there for a relaxed, fun weekend.

Carol and Jim
Carol and Jim #1014
2002 17' Liberty Deluxe "Snuggy Buggy"
2010 Honda Odyssey with Res/Nav
Canyon Country, CA