• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 472 posts
  • Local time: 09:09 PM

Posted 11 September 2003 - 07:19 PM

We are looking forward to our first Casitafest at...where else? Lake Casitas! There's going to be thirty trailers and Carol Upton has done a great job in planning this event.

We don't have a whole lot of fall color here, but the deserts are nice in the fall. Death Valley will be one of our destinations in the next couple of months and a couple of the beach areas both north and south of us.

Where are the rest of the Southwesterners?

Chris
Los Alamitos, CA
Chris B
'03 17' Liberty Deluxe
2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
Southern California (Orange County)

#2 dougd3x

dougd3x
  • Casita Club Member
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Casita camping, digital photography, walking on the beach.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1354

Posted 12 September 2003 - 08:28 AM

Chris:

We'll see you at Lake Casitas in October, should be a great Casita weekend, we are not exactly southwest but close, SF Bay Area. Going to Big Sur with the Egg this weekend, going to have a mini rally with another Casita owner from the San Jose area. Will be great to see 2 Casitas set up side by side along the banks of the Big Sur River... We need to get all California Casitas together some time, Glen and Rita from the north all the way to those in the LA area to San Diego. where would be a great place for a Feb 04 state rally? What about Santa Cruz, or Monterey? or even Pismo Beach may be more mid way for alot of So Cal folks.

dd
Doug & Sandy Dolan
Casita Club # 1354
Apple Valley, CA
2003 Casita LD 17'
2003 Honda Pilot

#3 Barbara Harned

Barbara Harned
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts
  • Local time: 08:09 PM

Posted 12 September 2003 - 11:03 AM

We will also be at the Lake Casitas Rally. Before we arrive we will be camping at Yosemite and Kings Canyon. Do not know what campgrounds yet but will post if anyone else wants to come.

We live in beautiful Mesquite, Nevada. Moved there about three years ago from New Jersey. If in the area you must stop by.

#4 Chris B

Chris B
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 11:36 AM

Hi Doug! I'm jealous....Big Sur is such a beautiful place! Wish I could go this weekend, but it's just too far for a two day weekend. We took a couple of days off last week and went to Sequoia. Sounds like you are enjoying your new egg as much as we are. I'll see you at Lake Casitas!

Barbara - Are you going to Yosemite and Kings Canyon or Sequoia and Kings Canyon? I think that you might mean Sequoia because it's the one connected to Kings Canyon. Oh, and by the way...when you go to Sequoia, alot of the talk and signs might worry you about there being no gasoline in the National Park. That's exactly what they mean....the National Park (not the national forest). There is gas up there, so don't sweat it. I believe the closest to the Lodgepole area would be Stoney Creek which isn't too far away.

Chris
Chris B
'03 17' Liberty Deluxe

#5 Barbara Harned

Barbara Harned
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 06:27 AM

Chris - Yes, Sequoia is what we mean. What do you want from New Jersey-ites, we are just enjoying and trying to see everything while we can in this beautiful part of the country!! B) Thanks for the input, we can not wait!

Hopefully the National rally will be in this part of the country.

#6 CarolU

CarolU
  • Rally Organizer
  • 867 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1014

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:03 PM

Since the talk here is about Lake Casitas, I thought I would just add that we are looking forward to seeing everyone at our Lake Casitas Rally in October.

I do have a couple of cancellations so if anyone knows of someone wanting to join us at the lake, please email me ...... Before I phone Lake Casitas to actually cancel the reservations, I would like to fill the spaces with Casitas or other fiberglass trailers.

See you all in 4 weeks .......

Carol
Carol and Jim #1014
2002 17' Liberty Deluxe "Snuggy Buggy"
2010 Honda Odyssey with Res/Nav
Canyon Country, CA

#7 CarolU

CarolU
  • Rally Organizer
  • 867 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:22 AM

I'm bringing this thread forward because I now have spaces available at Lake Casitas because of cancellations....... Please contact me by email or post here if you are interested in the Lake Casitas Rally October 17-19.
Carol and Jim #1014
Canyon Country, CA

#8 Wes & Maggi Rudy

Wes & Maggi Rudy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:32 PM

Hi from Wes and Maggi Rudy!

We live in Indio in the winter, had a neat Rally early February last year. The year before it was in Desert Hot Springs. We call it the Desert Warm Up. Might do it again this year.

Summer time finds us in the Sierras 17 miles east of Sonora on highway 108, where there is a little place called Miwuk Village. So nice and cool! So we are happy to be called south westerners too!

But also fit into the big state of California, both south and north. Also the southwest and the pacific northwest groups! WOW! :blink:

Hey Barbara and Charlie.............see you soon!

Then we will all join up at LAKE CASITAS!

#9 Barbara Harned

Barbara Harned
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:41 AM

Anyone going to the Casita Rally at Lake Casitas and want to meet up with Maggi, Rudy, Charlie and I we will be camping at Yosemite Upper Pines Campground on the 12 and 13th. We will then be heading on to Sequoia and then to Lake Casitas. Even if you are not going to the rally come to Yosemite if you can.

#10 Chris B

Chris B
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:38 PM

Barbara - I wish that we could join you, but I'm out of vacation time! I LOVE Yosemite and Sequoia. I'm headed up to Shaver Lake this weekend for a three day weekend. Shaver Lake is located between Yosemite and Sequoia and is just as beautiful. Camp Edison is a very nice campground owned and operated by Edison with 252 campsites. I've never camped there, but drove through and just have to go back now that the crowds are gone. Have fun in the National Parks and don't forget to purchase a pass at REI if you don't already have one. REI sells them at a $10 discount last time I checked.

Chris B
Chris B
'03 17' Liberty Deluxe

#11 Glendo

Glendo
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 04:53 PM

We are in Chico and would love an All-Cal-Casita Rally. In February we could have snow in the Sierras, so the coast would probably be better, maybe the Monterrey, Santa Cruz area or Pismo. :-)

Glenn and Susan

#12 CarolU

CarolU
  • Rally Organizer
  • 867 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:09 PM

Just a note to remind everyone that we still have one space available at Lake Casitas for the weekend of October 17-19. Please email me if you are interested in joining a fun group. We have 30 trailers signed up. 61 people coming.
Carol and Jim #1014
Canyon Country, CA

#13 michaelcalifornia

michaelcalifornia
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 03:29 PM

From what I hear the Casitas Lake Fest is October 17 to the 19th. Can anyone confirm that that is the right date? michaelortiz01@hotmail.com

thanks

Michael
Los Angeles

#14 Chris B

Chris B
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:05 PM

Pssst! Michael - Look at the post right before yours!

Chris
Chris B
'03 17' Liberty Deluxe

#15 CarolU

CarolU
  • Rally Organizer
  • 867 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 04:59 PM

Hello Michael

Yes , like Chris confirmed, it is Oct 17-19.... If you would like to join in our weekend, we would love to have you. Try making a reservation direct with Lake Casitas..... (805) 649 1122... We are in the BASS campground. We are 30 fiberglass trailers attending......

There are several things planned and we would like to include you - such as a welcome Friday night, potluck Saturday night etc., so Please email me if you get a reservation. :)

P.S. Thanks Chris.....
Carol and Jim #1014
Canyon Country, CA