• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mariaandskip

mariaandskip
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 06:32 PM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

We spent many years sleeping in tents or the camper shell on the back of our truck (it leaks). We don't need anything big just a place to call home, sleep, eat and be comfortable. A base of operations. We've looked at a number of small RVs and like the Casita best. We just got back from a trip from FL to AZ and back. We planned on the sleep in the back of the truck routine but it rained 9 out of 11 nights so we ended up in hotels. It sure would have been nice to pull over when we wanted and be home. Visited the headquarters in Rice, TX to get a good look at everything that was available. We will start getting serious next winter.

• Wally Z and clairemr1 like this

#2 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,451 posts
  • Local time: 05:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

you're making a very good decision. most of us are crazy about our casitas and wouldn't trade them for anything else out there. and we've looked at 'em all! besides getting a wonderful trailer you're also getting a wonderful "casita family". welcome.........

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#3 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 02:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

Welcome from another previous tent camper. I've also done some sleeping in the truck bed. The wife and I decided to get of the ground and we purchased our Casita in 2014. The bathroom is my favorite part. :D

2014 17' Casita SD

#4 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 523 posts
  • Local time: 06:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:32 AM

Maria, Skip......

Another Welcome to the Casita family.  As you've probably already discovered, there's a wealth of knowledge (and a few opinions) here!  Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank  :rolleyes: 

#5 Don

Don
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,230 posts
  • Local time: 04:32 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Casita 17' SD
  • Interests:Family, home, traveling w/fiberglass trailer, computers, chess, short track stock car racing, bowling.

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:31 AM

I agree with Wally Z - when at the far end of a campground at 2am on a dark, stormy, rainy night, the bathroom is my FAVORITE thing about my 'Egg Motel'

PS0195.jpg

and a close second is the dry bed to go back to.

Don
Don & Sherian, 2017 GMC Canyon, SLT, crew cab, short bed, 3.6 V6, 8 speed auto trans
factory brake controller and anti-sway control. Made in USA. Custom Casita graphics.
07 Casita 17' SD w/HLA (Egg Motel, room for 2 - to go), also made in USA
Photos of our mods and other stuff: http://tinyurl.com/2dz93g