22 replies to this topic

#16 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,588 posts
  • Local time: 03:10 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

I am guilty of sometimes not seeing a sign or instructions right in front of me ("if it were a snake.......")

...........................but at the very least I would never leave my dogs dodo behind even if it is obvious others have not cleaned up after their pooches

I don't throw litter out on the highway when I come through a place that is populated by a lot of litter bugs!

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#17 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,371 posts
  • Local time: 01:10 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

Our dogs have us trained pretty well, although sometimes we get an exasperated look when not quick enough getting the leash or a meal.

• Jerrybob likes this
Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

#18 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,296 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

I love our dogs......I can say any dumb thing I want to them.....they just look at me with that....."Really.....are you kidding me.....tell me more" look.  My wife on the other hand just shakes her head. 

• Wally Z and Shelia like this

#19 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,291 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:42 AM

A couple weeks ago, we spent a night at Palisades Cove State Park near Madras, OR. Very well maintained and very popular campground with the boating crowd. This is the first time I've ever seen a park, State or otherwise, that had a Off Leash Dog area. It was  fenced, shaded and had plenty of room for dogs to run...and was well supplied with poop bags...and STILL people couldn't be bothered to pick up after their dogs.

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."

#20 codasmom

codasmom
  • Casita Club Member
  • 152 posts
  • Local time: 02:10 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Patriot 13'
  • Interests:Dogs and training, Artwork, photography, kayaking, bicycling, hiking, gardening, knitting,etc

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:52 PM

When my Casita goes, my dogs go. I walk my dogs several times a day and always carry
lots of poop bags with the idea that I may run into someone who "needs to borrow one". I ran into just such a lady this spring at Zion. It was clear as we approached that she had no intention of picking up her dog's poop. "I have an extra baggie" I told her. She said "oh, I was just going to bury it under some leaves". I told her she should really pick it up. "Who are you?" she asked me. I told her I was just another dog owner who wanted everyone to pick up after their dog. I guess she got the message because I met her going around the road the other way holding a small tissue (clearly containing the poo) way out from her body, and she gave me a sour look. She would have been better off to take the baggie I offered.
  • Meadowlark likes this

#21 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

What do you all do when your dog has diarrhea? I know one time my little guy had the problem when we were camping at the beach.  Probably the Slim Jim I shared with him. I covered it up with sand. Wasn't in a well traveled area fortunately.  Another time he let loose in a grass area close to our trailer. I went and got my water jug and washed it down. But what if all you had was a poop bag? It's basically worthless in this situation. Thank goodness it's a rare occurrence.

2014 17' Casita SD

#22 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,296 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:10 AM

What do you all do when your dog has diarrhea? I know one time my little guy had the problem when we were camping at the beach.  Probably the Slim Jim I shared with him. I covered it up with sand. Wasn't in a well traveled area fortunately.  Another time he let loose in a grass area close to our trailer. I went and got my water jug and washed it down. But what if all you had was a poop bag? It's basically worthless in this situation. Thank goodness it's a rare occurrence.

Spoon! :rofl2:

• Meadowlark and clairemr1 like this

#23 Shelia

Shelia
  • Casita Club Member
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 03:10 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Wannabe Casita 16 Liberty
  • Interests:Nature, smooth jazz, blues (esp 1920s - 1940s), dulcimer, folk music, DOGS, Choctaw/Irish heritage, American Pioneer history Native American history

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

Since we're on this subject....  I've always had Chihuahuas except the one Bichon I had - 8 pounds.  Always picked up after my dogs and one day we were out walking and some guy jumped all over me about the human sized poop some large dog owner had obviously left on the ground.  I asked him, "Seriously, do you think that came out of my Chihuahua's rear end?!" 

And the diarrhea question is why I also carry a paper towel or two.  For me or the poop, whichever needs it worst.

Edited by Shelia, 23 August 2016 - 10:35 AM.

• Jerrybob and clairemr1 like this