19 replies to this topic

#16 flcoxjr

flcoxjr
  • Casita Club Member
  • 214 posts
  • Local time: 01:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2015 Spirit Deluxe 17

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:12 PM

I can't thank you guys enough for your advice. It looks like the converter is bad. I hooked up the fully charged battery (12.8volts), plugged in to my 30a service and got no change in the voltage at the battery, it should have jumped to 13.7 like it normally does. All of the connections are good and I am getting 120 volts to the terminal at the breakers and I also replaced both 30A fuses just to be sure. Thanks Greg, for the link to the after market unit,   Happy days to all!  Jeff.   

In addition to your converter not working, your earlier posts indicated your 120 volt outlets in the trailer were not working. Are your 120 volt outlets in the trailer now working?

Edited by flcoxjr, 16 February 2016 - 07:15 PM.

• Wally Z likes this

#17 Mark Watson

Mark Watson
  • Casita Club Member
  • 577 posts
  • Local time: 12:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 FD 17

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

It's strange the 120 volt recepticles aren't working. In a 5th wheel I lived in for a while, I lost the converter. I had 120 volts to the converter, and all the a/c outlets, but hardly any DC voltage coming out of the converter. So I plugged in a deep cycle battery charger to the 120 volts ac outlet near the converter,  and connected the charger leads to the plus and  minus terminals in the power center and let the battery charger function in place of the squirrley converter.  This kept the fridge from defrosting due to a low 12 volt condition. I bet your 12 volt problem is caused by not having 120 volts ac getting through the power center to the converter. Have you checked for 120 volts ac input to the converter? If you don't have 120 volt a/c at your a/c outlets, I bet if you find the cause of the missing 120 v ac, you will fix your 12 volt dc issue. 

Edited by Mark Watson, 16 February 2016 - 08:36 PM.

• Wally Z and flcoxjr like this

Mark Watson

Houston,Tx
2008 17' FD

#18 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 09:43 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:42 PM

How and where are you measuring the 120vac?  Are you going from hot to ground or neutral?  Do a continuity check of your cable from end to end.

2014 17' Casita SD

#19 lakesider

lakesider
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 10:43 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 Liberty Deluxe

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

Update... Converter was bad. Replaced with Progressive Dynamics direct replacement and works like a charm...so far.

Thanks again to all for the help!

#20 HanaSteib

HanaSteib
  • Casita Club Member
  • 12 posts
  • Local time: 10:43 PM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:22 AM

Discussion has been over, I'm late