Photo

Vent On The Side Of The Sync, What Is It For?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 No1up

No1up
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 PM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:47 PM

The vent located on the side of the sync is discolored, I was thinking of painting it but I need to know what it's for... 

#2 Mark Watson

Mark Watson
  • Casita Club Member
  • 582 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 FD 17

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:37 AM

Furnace air intake.

Mark Watson

Houston,Tx
2008 17' FD

#3 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,111 posts
  • Local time: 02:49 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:08 AM

sync? Do you mean sink? as in kitchen sink? Anyway, whatever vent it is, If it is discolored, I don't think that it is the furnace's intake air/exhaust vent assembly. That would be made out of shiny stainless steel, not plastic or something else, because the furnace vent gets very hot when in use. Also, stainless steel doesn't accept paint very well, and the heat would probably burn it off or discolor it too.

Also, knowing what size, year and model of Casita you have would help to you get better answers to your questions. Various sizes and models have certain things mounted in different places. Perhaps including a notation in your avatar as to what you have, like most of us do, would help because then that info would always be available.

Whenever possible, adding pictures to your posts would also help alleviate a lot of the "guesswork" and conjecture as to what your description may lack.

Edited by Euphoria, 09 February 2016 - 09:09 AM.

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Super Dooper Deluxe

2016 Chevy Silverado, Crew Cab 5.8L V-8, 4X4

2004 Nissan Frontier, Crew Cab, V-6 2WD

Casita Club # 2754

#4 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

I believe you're referring to the furnace intake that Mark mentioned.  The one Euphoria is referring to is on the outside of the trailer and would be made out of metal.  There are also little round vents on the cabinet over the refrigerator which are there for when you have a microwave oven. So as you can see we need just a little more information. :D

Edited by Wally Z, 09 February 2016 - 02:40 PM.

2014 17' Casita SD

#5 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,433 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:07 PM

Greg on one of his original posts when he had made a down payment it was a 2011 17' LD.

No1up It would really help as Greg has pointed out to have that info on your avatar or signature

• NASA42 B likes this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#6 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

LOL I typed that on my phone. Yes the sink! 

It's metal, I guess I'll have to just buy a new one.

#7 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,111 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

Greg on one of his original posts when he had made a down payment it was a 2011 17' LD.

No1up It would really help as Greg has pointed out to have that info on your avatar or signature

Sorry, but that information doesn't come up when you log on and hit "View New Content". It only shows posts that I haven't yet read.

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Super Dooper Deluxe

2016 Chevy Silverado, Crew Cab 5.8L V-8, 4X4

2004 Nissan Frontier, Crew Cab, V-6 2WD

Casita Club # 2754

#8 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,433 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:10 PM

Sorry, but that information doesn't come up when you log on and hit "View New Content". It only shows posts that I haven't yet read.

Yes, I realize that. I was just trying to telegraph the info to you in your attempt to help the OP and re-enforce your suggestion on listing his year and model.

I'll butt out of the conversation.........mystery solved on what is on the side of the sync( i mean sink) or was it the.............?  

• Wally Z and U.S.M.C. Don like this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#9 TravelswithBarley

TravelswithBarley
  • Casita Club Member
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 05:49 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 16' Casita SD

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:28 AM

Old thread but I think he is referring to the vent for the microwave on the side of the cabinet just fore of the sink.  I just painted mine because it was yellowed from the MW.

#10 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:33 PM

Old thread but I think he is referring to the vent for the microwave on the side of the cabinet just fore of the sink.  I just painted mine because it was yellowed from the MW.

He said it was metal. I don't have the furnace and don't know if the intake vent is metal or not.

2014 17' Casita SD