57 replies to this topic

#46 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 AM

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

Nope she's very cloterphobic. She can't even dunk her head under water. But she game me the thumbs up on an airstream! I'm so excited!!! Lol I might even be willing to take a small lose on the casita for the right buyer, someone that will treat her right!
  • U.S.M.C. Don likes this

#47 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 580 posts
  • Local time: 07:36 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

tody, do you just order them online? 

I placed my order through the sales clerk at my neighborhood Home Depot. They walked me through the measurements, etc. and I don't believe I had to pay shipping since they were delivered to the store for pick-up.

Toddy

#48 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 580 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:41 AM

Nope she's very cloterphobic. She can't even dunk her head under water. But she game me the thumbs up on an airstream! I'm so excited!!! Lol I might even be willing to take a small lose on the casita for the right buyer, someone that will treat her right!

With all due respect, wouldn't it be cheaper to get her some therapy rather than buying and selling all of these trailers?

Happy Camping!

Toddy

#49 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

Maybe, but it's not much trouble selling and re-buying an airstream. These are the only two brands of trailer that I've had my heart set on.

#50 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,419 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:11 PM

A Fiberglass camper does remarkably well in a hail storm, Airstream not so well. Maybe you don't have as many hail storms in the RGV as we do up in north central Texas. 

However, if she will be much happier and comfortable and thus willing to come along on job sites, that is hard to dismiss. I never could understand closterphobia  as I feel comfortable in cocoon like spaces. I have a mother that is deathly afraid of tight spaces or even sweaters she gets stuck in when pulling them over her head. There are some fears you can't reason yourself out of. 

I assume you are going to purchase something larger than the Bambi

Happy Travles

Clover

• sandyb12 and U.S.M.C. Don like this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#51 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

"cocoon like spaces"   YES! lol I agree... nice a cozy. 

Yes something used around the 40 to 50k range. MAYBE 60k

#52 C.FiberglassFreedom

C.FiberglassFreedom
  • Casita Club Member
  • 253 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:SD, 17

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:20 AM

"cocoon like spaces"   YES! lol I agree... nice a cozy. 

Yes something used around the 40 to 50k range. MAYBE 60k

40-50K you're in the bambi range  :rofl2: Joking...kinda.   With all due respect this is gonna sound like trash talk but please understand it isn't.  I suggest you step inside a new 2015-2016 Airstream and touch everything and you'll realize just how cheaply made they have suddenly become the windows aren't even slides their tempered glass which you 'pop out' with a window catch.  Most of the indoor cabinets is partical board and not the nice looking kind.  Airstream used to be a reputable brand with years of experience and tried and tested design but after being bought out by Thor Motor-coach which has been notorious on pumping out RV's/trailers with poor Q/C that won't last even a quarter of the owners life time.   I was recently at Tampa RV show and had the opportunity to step inside different sized Airstreams and I really was not impressed for the amount of $ their asking I'd look into Bigfoot or even an Escape both in the same ballpark $$ but the quality is so much better.  

If you can find an older refurbished or do it yourself Airstream trailer I would definitely jump on that opportunity.

All I'm saying is don't limit yourself especially if you're going to drop that kind of money.  

http://www.bigfootrv.com/

http://escapetrailer.com/

Edited by C.FiberglassFreedom, 01 February 2016 - 09:32 AM.

#53 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,422 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

gotta agree with c.fiberglass freedom. i recently saw an airstream bambi at an rv show, was not impressed with the quality. when i saw the $52,000.00 price tag, i let out a big laugh and exited as quickly as possible. i've also seen airstreams after a bad hail storm it was not a pretty sight.all of us on the casita websites have considered all of them out there and bought casitas, so we're probably going to favor our trailers. you might want to check out some airstream sites and talk with those owners to get an idea of what they're actually like to own and use. there are many choices out there, including the bigfoot/escape/olivers so check them all out, make your choice and go for it. best of luck to you.

Edited by clairemr1, 01 February 2016 - 10:30 AM.

• sandyb12 likes this

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#54 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

Olivers look incredible.. 

• sandyb12, NASA42 B, Wally Z and 1 other like this

#55 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Local time: 05:36 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

Sorry folks....couldn't resist......

Two older guys are standing at side by side stalls in a campground restroom taking a nature call.

After nodding at each other.......one guy says....."I have a Casita".

The other replies......"I have an Airstream".

The first guy replies back......"If you stand a little closer to the urinal.....that won't happen!"

Budda boom.......don't forget to tip your waiter!

​

• teacher retired, sandyb12, Wally Z and 2 others like this

#56 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:00 AM

LOL, Well, I'm thinking about lil snoozy.. IDK, the cool thing is I'll be keeping the Casita for a few months. 

#57 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,422 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:19 AM

i think you need to attend some rv shows/rallies with your wife, pick the type of trailer you want and the model and go from there, since her claustrophobia will determine which trailer, if any, will work for you. a word of warning, though, most every trailer out there will seem small and may not work for her, based on her issue. good luck......................

Edited by clairemr1, 08 February 2016 - 10:40 AM.

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#58 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:43 PM

She wont be going with me after all, or at least not within the next few months. I figured this would give me time to use the casita and find all the things I like and dislike about this kind of trailer. Also, like a few have mentioned try a few RV shows. I'm really loving the Casita, with the cushions cleaned and re stuffed (let me tell you how hard that was!) It looks so beautiful and smells wonderful! LOL. I'm going to deck it out with some nice blinds. Someone here suggested some wood blinds, I'm going to have to look back through this thread when I have some time. 

Edited by No1up, 08 February 2016 - 05:43 PM.