• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 No1up

No1up
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 07:11 AM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

I was wondering if $13000 was a goo deal on this unit. . . :) Any help from the expert would be great.

• SKYTALKER likes this

#2 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Local time: 06:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

If the trailer is in good shape......yes.....that is a good deal.  Check out the classified section on this site......you'll see some  others out there that are several thousand higher.  We bought our 2011 SD in Jan 2013 for $14K.   Best trailer we've owned.  Good luck with yours....safe travels.

• SKYTALKER likes this

#3 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:09 AM

It's fully loaded with the microwave and TV.. :)

• SKYTALKER likes this

#4 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,422 posts
  • Local time: 08:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

this is a good price. you'd better act fast if you want this trailer, good casitas sell very quickly. best of luck.........

• SKYTALKER likes this

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#5 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 05:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

Who's selling it?  Maybe we know them.  Sounds like a good price for that year.  What options other than microwave and TV?  High lift axle, vinyl flooring, large fresh water tank, and furnace for example.

Edited by Wally Z, 22 January 2016 - 12:39 PM.

2014 17' Casita SD

#6 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

Here is the link​

I put a deposit on it. I would like to know any input you guys may have.

#7 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

I'm heavily debatting on this one though..

I know this a Casita forum, but can anyone give me some suggestions one over the other? I'm so overwhelmed with all of this...lol

#8 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

It's hard to tell from those photos of the Casita, but the outside seems to have lost it's shine.  Could be an indicator that it was left outside in the sun and not waxed regularly.  Another indicator of that is the yellowing vent and storage compartment doors.  Have you looked at it in person?  The Winnebago looks nice, but can't comment on something I haven't seen in person.

2014 17' Casita SD

#9 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

Is there anyway to bring the shine back?

#10 stratos175

stratos175
  • Casita Club Member
  • 212 posts
  • Local time: 09:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit
  • Interests:hiking, kayaking, disc golf and spending time in in our Casita.
  • Trailer Name:Matilda

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:13 AM

Yes I believe there is, if you do a search in the forum section you can find many answers to your questions already posted. I really think it comes down to the condition of the Casita, options like high axel and other mods (no reason to get excited about microwave and TV really), again look through the forum and the modifications and you will see MANY. I think this is more important than the year, we bought our 2004 17' Spirit off of Ebay 2 years ago for 9,800.00 and it looked almost showroom condition and that was more important to me that the fact it was almost 10 years old already. Only thing I wish I could do that I cant do is the high axel mod because my axel is welded not bolt on (that started 2005 I think)making a wise decision, we love our Matilda and this forum is full of wonderful, helpful people.

Good Luck in your search and safe travels,

Steve and Patty

#11 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Local time: 09:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:09 AM

You're sort of talking apples vs oranges between the Casita and a stickbuilt. For one thing the Winni is a lot heavier, that may be a serious consideration as far as your tow vehicle goes. As for the rest, only you can decide which style of trailer you will enjoy & want to go camping in. Casitas sell fast which speaks for how much they are appreciated and comparing the prices you can see that the Casita holds its value over time. Best thing for you to do it go see each one, get inside, see how comfortable they feel. 

Ideally you could get to a Casita rally or 2, meet folks explore the insides of the various models. Might be that you prefer a different one than the LD when you get to see them all.  

I started out with a popup towed with a dodge caravan, when to a 20' stickbuilt (in 2005, lightweight for its time) and had to get a truck, was getting 10 mpg and decided that was crazy because I wasn't using it enough to warrant that. Sold it for about 1/2 what it cost a year later and got another popup. Froze in that one in NJ in the fall, sold it and got my Casita. Love it!! Have the furnace, AC, bathroom, everything i need and I average 15 mpg with the truck. It suits my needs very nicely since I travel solo. 

Edited by borderbrae, 23 January 2016 - 07:14 AM.

• SKYTALKER and Meadowlark like this
Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#12 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 580 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

I too looked at a lot of trailers before pulling the trigger on a new Casita in 2013. A couple of the features that I really liked in the Casita was the big windows that give it an open, airy feel. I dislike dark, closed space and the windows in the Casita lend themselves to great views of the outdoors which is why I camp. The other thing I liked about the Casita is the cozy feel to them. That maybe come from the carpeted walls and ceilings, but I perceive them as being quieter and cozier than stick built trailers.

I noticed some discrepancies in the Casita add that may not be an issue for you, but the floor plan they have posted is for a Spirit Deluxe not the Liberty Deluxe and the description calls for a rear bathroom whereas all bathrooms are in the front on Casitas. The Winnebago definitely has some nice features in it, but I do not regret buying a Casita. Best of luck!
  • Carol Christensen, SKYTALKER and Meadowlark like this

#13 Rob and Linda

Rob and Linda
  • Casita Club Member
  • 604 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Airstream 23D
  • Interests:Photography, woodworking, fly fishing, hiking/backpacking, audio, Porsches.
  • Trailer Name:Fortune Cookie

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

If you have already placed a deposit on the Casita, haven't you already 'bought' it?

Rob & Linda, Hurst, Texas
Our ex-Casita Photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd300/albums/72157626742329244

Airstream Photos - https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd300/albums/72157663633667345
2014 Airstream 23D International Serenity
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost Max Tow

#14 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

Is there anyway to bring the shine back?

Lots of elbow grease, time, and the right product used correctly will help.  Doubt it will ever come back to original shine.  That doesn't mean it won't look good when you're done. 

Check this out>  http://www.poliglow-int.com/

There are Youtube videos on doing it also with this product.  Just Google Poli Glow and click on Videos.

Edited by Wally Z, 23 January 2016 - 12:45 PM.

• SKYTALKER likes this

2014 17' Casita SD

#15 No1up

No1up
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:10 AM

When you put earnest money down it just shows you are not a tire kicker. It doesn't lock you in..

I went with the casita. The winni was beautiful and beat the casita in just about every category... Lol but, for my needs I think the casita will fit the bill. I need to give her a good steam clean. I need new cushions, and curtains any suggestions?
  • U.S.M.C. Don likes this