• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 523 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

Folks......

For those new to Casitadom, I've adapted an item from the Fiberglass RV area to apply to many of our units.  This should enable new owners to manage their frustrations with a common but necessary feature of Casitas.  See the attachment.

Frank  :rolleyes: 

Attached Files

• clover and Meadowlark like this

#2 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 12:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:53 AM

Very funny!  It is a bit of a pain in the you know where.  I use a queen size fitted sheet and just work it around starting at the street side of my SD 17'.  Crawl up on all fours to get the back edge.  The top sheet and blanket are easy after taking a breather from putting on the bottom sheet.  It's not perfect, but it works.  I sleep very well on the factory cushions.  They are very firm which is what I prefer for a mattress.  Someone could make a killing if they would market Casita fitted sheets.  They could call them the "No Sheet Sheets". :rofl:

2014 17' Casita SD

#3 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,040 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

The Southern Mattress folks (they make the mattress for the Casitas) also make fitted sheets for the mattress, not the cushions.

I love the mattress, I sleep better on it than the one in my house. But.....oh, my that caveat 'but' it's a pain in the patoot to change the sheets. It doesn't want to bend double and that's about the only way you're going to get a tight fit on it with the fitted sheet. No handles makes it even more difficult. Nothing to pull on.

But I am not going to complain any louder than that. I did NOT care for sleeping on the cushions, so while changing the sheets on the mattress is like wrestling an unconscious pig, it does make for a restful night's sleep

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."

#4 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,319 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

:rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2: Very entertaining.

I've never used regular bedding in my Casita, always a sleeping bag arrangement with snap-in sheets.  The only hassle with that method is snapping the sheets back into the sleeping bag after doing the laundry but that got easier over time.  We have had two LD's, in the 1st we used the king-size bed, so just zipped up the 2 people sleeping bag and folded it back over the double bed area during the day.  The bag was made with 2 double-bed size comforters with zippers installed on 3 sides.  Worked great.  The 2nd LD has wider twin beds, so we just use 2 extra-long sleeping bags which are rolled up each morning and put in stuff-sacks that are kind of like large pillows.  Even easier.  I added snaps for the sheets so still have that issue when doing the laundry but it's much easier with the twin size bags.

• Meadowlark likes this
Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

#5 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,120 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:49 AM

We use a mattress from IKEA......it's wonderful and very comfortable.  When it comes to making up the bed......piece of cake......my wife does it.  Our agreement.....she makes the bed.....I drain the tanks.......works for us!

• Paul and Cathy, Meadowlark and MGD like this

#6 Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort
  • Casita Club Member
  • 350 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 Spirit
  • Interests:cooking,golf,fishing,hiking,

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

We use a mattress from IKEA......it's wonderful and very comfortable.  When it comes to making up the bed......piece of cake......my wife does it.  Our agreement.....she makes the bed.....I drain the tanks.......works for us!

Making the bed is a real PITA. I was hoping for a good idea in the attachment. So far, the only good idea for me is to trade wife's.

Edited by Southern Comfort, 31 December 2015 - 01:35 PM.

#7 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:57 PM

Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe it's cheaper to just revert to using the cushions.

#8 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,120 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:38 PM

Making the bed is a real PITA. I was hoping for a good idea in the attachment. So far, the only good idea for me is to trade wife's.

Nope.....wouldn't trade her for the world......love that lady.....she's a keeper!!!!!

• NASA42 B and MGD like this

#9 Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort
  • Casita Club Member
  • 350 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 Spirit
  • Interests:cooking,golf,fishing,hiking,

Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:41 PM

Cheaper to keep her, besides, long as she is still willing to mess it up, I don't really mind making it up.

• Meadowlark, Jerrybob and MGD like this

#10 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

Oh, Frank (Nasa42a) I just got around to reading your Bedmaking attachment. TOO funny, except I don't remember your watching my efforts to make the bed!

• NASA42 B likes this

#11 Sue and Sandy

Sue and Sandy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,703 posts
  • Local time: 02:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2001 16ft. Freedom Deluxe

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:07 AM

I use two flat sheets instead of a fitted. Less tight, but they seem to hold for several nights and less trouble for me.

Of course to get two flat sheets you have to use sheets from two different sets, or buy them at the sale bin at the linen store.

Susan

post-176-0-54687300-1405271931_thumb.jpg

2001 16' FD "The Alpine Egg-Spress" #1155
2013 Ford F150 Supercab 4X4

#12 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,319 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

There are some stores that sell just one sheet, either fitted or not.  I've found them at Target.  Not much of a selection but better than buying an entire set when you only need one.

• Sue and Sandy likes this
Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

#13 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 523 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:22 AM

Folks.....

In the interests of transparency, I found the following upgrade to my bedmaking item on the other Casita forum.  Had to show it here to equally advantage this group!

" I use the (here-to-for undocumented) Knee-Head Arch method for the back corners. Knees in the middle of the bed, head against the corner carpeting. Hands are free to stuff the excess bedding under the corners. Tough on the neck, though. Otherwise, the Middle method works for me (sort of).

MarkWS "

Edited by nasa42a, 03 January 2016 - 04:23 AM.

• Sue and Sandy, clover and Meadowlark like this

#14 Dennis The Menace

Dennis The Menace
  • Casita Club Member
  • 286 posts
  • Local time: 03:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' liberty
  • Interests:USMC,Traveling,people,
    light houses,
    fishing,sport shooting
    ,visiting old forts,History,
    motorcycles,eating,camping.
  • Trailer Name:it is what it is

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

Folks.....

In the interests of transparency, I found the following upgrade to my bedmaking item on the other Casita forum.  Had to show it here to equally advantage this group!

" I use the (here-to-for undocumented) Knee-Head Arch method for the back corners. Knees in the middle of the bed, head against the corner carpeting. Hands are free to stuff the excess bedding under the corners. Tough on the neck, though. Otherwise, the Middle method works for me (sort of).

MarkWS "

Exactly how we do it with a fitted sheet on an IKEA queen 5 inch topper on the cushions.

Dennis and Bess
RV: 2011 17' Casita Liberty  "it is what it is "
TV: 2005 Grey Chevolet Tahoe 5.3 V8 replaced with 2016 cherry red, RAM Bighorn 5.7 V8 CC pickup.
Curt class IV hitch, Curt Anti sway bar,T-P3 brake controller, Cobra 29 CB & weather radio.

"Once in awhile it really hits people that they don't have to experience the world

in the way they have been told to.  -Alan Keightley

#15 Mr Gadget

Mr Gadget
  • Casita Club Member
  • 119 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 Casita Spirit DL
  • Interests:Hiking, Interpreter in Cades Cove Great Smoky Mountains
    New Casita Spirit 3/9/16

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:34 AM

we have a Travasack, which is like a sleeping bag but has removable sheet. It also has two settings. One side is for winter, flip it and the other is for summer. Don't ask me how that works, it just does. Unfortunately Travasack is out of business. Glad we got ours when we did way back in 2009. 

Mr Gadget

"My Mountain Calls So I Must Go"