19 replies to this topic

#16 lkg907

lkg907
  • Casita Club Member
  • 262 posts
  • Local time: 07:00 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2002 17' SD

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

CFG Freedom.  Quite easy to cut.  Although I will admit to using a little die grinder with a cut-off disc.

#17 Tombrown

Tombrown
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 88 posts
  • Local time: 09:00 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17 SD #12415
  • Interests:Picked up our Casita Aug 2014. HE: Retired pilot, Vietnam vet, garage tinkerer, SCUBA diver, sports car enthusiast, RC aircraft and HAM radio hobbyist: KD5ETJ. SHE: exotic plant grower, history buff, SCUBA diver, writer.
  • Trailer Name:Gone Walkabout
  • Casita Club Directory #:14442

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:38 PM

[quote name="lem" post="202968" timestamp="1450441442"]Great design. My next project is to add shelves to our Casita.
If templates are available I would be interested in getting a copy. I am in the DFW area so could pick them up,copy them, and return to you. Just let me know.
Thanks

469-585-7656
  • MGD likes this

#18 MGD

MGD
  • Casita Club Member
  • 236 posts
  • Local time: 07:00 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' FD
  • Interests:Eclectic.
  • Trailer Name:Casitaminophen

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:54 PM

[quote name="lem" post="202968" timestamp="1450441442"]Great design. My next project is to add shelves to our Casita.
If templates are available I would be interested in getting a copy. I am in the DFW area so could pick them up,copy them, and return to you. Just let me know.
Thanks

469-585-7656

There is a set going the rounds right now. I mailed them to Suzzann (her name on CasitaForum) a week ago. She is in southeastern Texas. She is also on this forum but hasn't been active for 9 months. She was supposed to pass them on to another person, but I'm not sure who.

I copied the template onto a sheet of masonite, but I have not cut them out yet. That's a project for spring. When I'm done, I'll be glad to pass them on to someone else who is in need.

Right now, I'm thinking of using the templates to build a set of free-standing shelves like the ones you built, Tom.

Edited by MGD, 20 December 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#19 lem

lem
  • Casita Club Member
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 08:00 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 Spirit Deluxe
  • Trailer Name:Little Dove

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:03 AM

Thanks

469-585-7656

There is a set going the rounds right now. I mailed them to Suzzann (her name on CasitaForum) a week ago. She is in southeastern Texas. She is also on this forum but hasn't been active for 9 months. She was supposed to pass them on to another person, but I'm not sure who.

I copied the template onto a sheet of masonite, but I have not cut them out yet. That's a project for spring. When I'm done, I'll be glad to pass them on to someone else who is in need.

Right now, I'm thinking of using the templates to build a set of free-standing shelves like the ones you built, Tom.

I am interested in getting a copy of the templates. If someone could let me know when they are available that would be great,

Thanks

Lyle

Lyle & Jane

17 Spirit Deluxe 2015

2015 Nissan Frontier

#20 Tombrown

Tombrown
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 88 posts
  • Local time: 09:00 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17 SD #12415
  • Interests:Picked up our Casita Aug 2014. HE: Retired pilot, Vietnam vet, garage tinkerer, SCUBA diver, sports car enthusiast, RC aircraft and HAM radio hobbyist: KD5ETJ. SHE: exotic plant grower, history buff, SCUBA diver, writer.
  • Trailer Name:Gone Walkabout
  • Casita Club Directory #:14442

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:47 PM

To Lyle and anyone else that wants a copy of the template, pls call me at 469-585-7656. 

Regarding the shelves in the front closet – they are built in seven pieces. The top and bottom shelves (the only 5/8 plywood –the rest is made of ¼” plywood) are glued to the main partition. The back strap and side strap are screwed onto the top and bottom shelves. The center three shelves are simply sled into place (the arc of the shelves is about 120 degrees vice 90 degrees). The main partition, with the bottom of the back strap screwed on; allow the majority of the shelf to slide through the closet opening. All I had to do was screw the top of the back strap on and the side strap on after the rest was in the closet.

The shelves are held in place with one screw into the coat hanger rod and two into the floor. Only trick is that I’ve installed a level floor about 4 inches above the trailer floor. The floor covers the entire closet and is 1/2 inch plywood. It is just laid in and can easily be removed. I can get the template for this also if you like. This got me away from the wires etc. The whole thing can be remove easily since it’s only attached to the trailer with one screw – thus not altering the trailer in any way.

• SKYTALKER likes this