• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 outdoorman

outdoorman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 26 posts
  • Local time: 11:33 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1998 16' Casita LD
  • Interests:anything outdoors-camping,fishing,kayaking/boating,hiking,hunting,casual cycling,...forests,rivers,lakes,coast,etc

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

It's been awhile since I've been here as my 96 16' LD has been in my driveway over the past year.

Today I disassmembled the queen sized bed to find mold on the carpeted floor among other things stored under the bed;

also rotten wood 2x2 framing. 

After I calmed down a bit; I got some lysol and clean the carpet surface and fiberglass walls of the fiberglass 'boxes' on either side.

I realize I better get some idea where the leak is coming from. 

How can water get onto the floor just on one side at the rear of the casita?  The driver side of the back is completely dry.

Only thing I can think of is that the outside seam where the top and bottom halves of the egg meet that have that aluminum casing around it, or the water tank (but it was nearly completely empty) or perhaps a window.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?  I'm hoping this isn't going to be either difficult or expensive to get fixed.

Edited by outdoorman, 12 October 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#2 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 08:33 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

Where's the fresh water tank on the 16ft,?  I just read where a 17' had water issues caused by the overflow drain tube on the fresh water tank coming loose.  Did something freeze last winter and burst.  Rotten wood tells me it's been wet for a long time.

Edited by Wally Z, 12 October 2015 - 04:46 PM.

2014 17' Casita SD

#3 tractors1

tractors1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 424 posts
  • Local time: 09:33 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:ex-LD17, Escape21 now
  • Interests:Scuba diving, old tractors, woodworking

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:56 AM

Pull the slant board at the rear of the trailer and see how far evidence of water goes; could be either the check valve is cracked or a hose clamp needs tightening.

Edited by tractors1, 13 October 2015 - 08:58 AM.

ex-owner LD17, Escape 21 now
2013 Tacoma V6 4dr 4wd long bed

Need a widget to hold your stuff?

Don't drill holes!
http://www.rvwidgetworks.com