7 replies to this topic

#1 Moogy

Moogy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 04:55 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 Freedom Deluxe

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

We just got our new-to-us Casita. We live on a ranch between Sonora and San Angelo, near the tiny town of Eldorado. Hubby and I are native Texans. I grew up in Midland, and hubby grew up mostly in Houston. After our marriage in 1973, we lived in Austin for 35 years (UT Austin grads). We moved west after our son was in college. I am eager to do some traveling now that we are both retired!

Moogy
  • Wally Z and Shelia like this

#2 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 513 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

Moogy.....

Welcome to the Casita family. I think you'll find your new rig to be an adaptable magic carpet for those travels.  Hope to see you down the road!

Frank  :rolleyes:

#3 Steamboat

Steamboat
  • Casita Club Member
  • 188 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 17' ID
  • Trailer Name:Steamboat

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

We won't get our Casita ID until late September and we are just about to start construction on our 20'x40' dream garage! Can't wait to begin traveling with Steamboat (Casita name). This was all my better half's idea...to get a Casita and I am 100% in support of her idea! What ever makes her happy tickles me plumb to death! You guys all seem fascinating...real people! Can't wait to meet you guys...

Karl & Norma with Scout "The Wonder Dog"

2013 Honda Pilot AWD - EX-L

#4 U.S.M.C. Don

U.S.M.C. Don
  • Casita Club Member
  • 49 posts
  • Local time: 09:55 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

Welcome Steamboat! I agree: "Happy wife = Happy Life!". Congratulations on your new ID! 

Does your Cedar Creek community allow RV parking? We were curious because we were looking at a home on Sunset Blvd. near you and we wanted to be certain that we were allowed to park our RV.

#5 Don

Don
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,230 posts
  • Local time: 03:55 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Casita 17' SD
  • Interests:Family, home, traveling w/fiberglass trailer, computers, chess, short track stock car racing, bowling.

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

Welcome!

An 'egg' trip with only general goals and no set timetable is a outstanding way to get rid of the 9 to 5 binding and exercise the grinning muscles!

Must be a story behind that Steamboat name.

Don

Don & Sherian, 2017 GMC Canyon, SLT, crew cab, short bed, 3.6 V6, 8 speed auto trans
factory brake controller and anti-sway control. Made in USA. Custom Casita graphics.
07 Casita 17' SD w/HLA (Egg Motel, room for 2 - to go), also made in USA
Photos of our mods and other stuff: http://tinyurl.com/2dz93g

#6 Steamboat

Steamboat
  • Casita Club Member
  • 188 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2016 17' ID
  • Trailer Name:Steamboat

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:42 AM

USMC Don, Thank you for your welcome. Yes, many have different RVs and there are some restrictions to where they may be stored. We are building a new garage to allow for the Casita to be stored indoors. Actually, we planned to build the garage long before my wife told me we wanted a Casita! LOL We bought this lakehouse while we lived in Burleson. Moved here fulltime about three years ago? Took us more than two years to get the City Council to approve our new 20'x40' garage. I am a dinosaur ('48 model) but there are some pre-dinosaur individuals that live here and seem to love making everyone else miserable. Don't get me wrong...I love this place, but sometimes the people who want to change some things feel like running away. Just letting it all out! My wife deals with the folks on the CC...I call it the "Clown Show". Some very nice homes here are for sale...some are in the millions and some are reasonable. We love the deer roaming through the neighbor every day...at least one fawn was born on our property which was cool. If you want more information please get with us off line.

• U.S.M.C. Don likes this

Karl & Norma with Scout "The Wonder Dog"

2013 Honda Pilot AWD - EX-L

#7 TheMarshall

TheMarshall
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17 Independence Deluxe
  • Interests:Love to travel! New places and new things!
  • Trailer Name:LittleEggBunkhouse

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:51 AM

We are from Port Isabel, Texas and we picked up our new Casita Independence Deluxe July 29 and have spent 25 days on the road already. Loving it! This is our 3rd casita! Bought the first one in 1987 with no bathroom but bunks for the kiddies! Looking forward to a long relationship with our new casita. We are looking at a caravan to Cabo San Lucas in the spring of 2017 with "Adventure Caravans"! Check out their website. Ya'll planning some trips, let us know. If you want some company, we mite tag along! Marshall and Jeanette

#8 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 01:55 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:19 AM

Welcome from S. Texas.

2014 17' Casita SD