• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Joe Romas

Joe Romas
  • Casita Club Member
  • 247 posts
  • Local time: 08:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' SD
  • Interests:Hobbies are machining, doing "mods" to my Casita, camping and keeping busy.

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

Clover.

I found a filthy moldy wouldn't start Boliy Pro 3600 electric start on on Craig's list for $75 and jumped right on it. The fellow couldn't find anyone who wanted to repair it. I took care of several little  things and gave it a good cleaning and now it runs perfectly and starts easily with the recoil or electric start.

The yearly list of things to check is the cooling fan and the reason why is the way it's mounted to the crank shaft is awful. Mine is worn badly and I've figured a way to machine a couple of parts to mount it properly but would like to have a new one just because.

I emailed three US dealers two months ago inquiring about parts and none have responded. Good product but little to no service or parts makes it a "non starter".

FYI new genuine Honda 2000 carburetors are on e-bay including the stepper motor for around $100 and some less.

Joe

Joe and Mary Romas
Columbus, OH
1999 Casita 17' SD
2017 GMC Seirra

#17 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,200 posts
  • Local time: 10:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

Joe

I knew of a couple of other Casita folks that had pretty good luck with their Boliy so that is why I went ahead and purchased it. I ran like a charm at first then it was a steady down hill decline and constantly had problems. I hauled it back twice to the dealer in Austin to have it almost immediately be a major problem again. I worked with Pinellas Power in Florida who works on all sorts of genies, cutomizes mostly Hondas & Yamahas & in the past Boliy. He had me take it completely apart on several occasions. I babied it and never ran anything but aviation gas through it after the first two round so problems. Change the oil as reccomended. The last time I took it back to Bottom Line Trading (Tommy) he accused me of severely abusing and not doing the oil changes. That was NOT the case. So I never went back and picked it up. 

Yes parts and service are non-existent. Champion parts and authorize repair shops are everywhere. I love my Champion.

Glad you are having better luck with the Boliy than I had.

Clover

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)